November 8, 2013
Here’s the pumpkin pie recipe I promised you! This turned out SOOOOOO yummy! In the video, my good friend Davey Wavey joins us for a fun baking sesh and dance party. Please don’t judge the song choice. It was Davey’s idea.
Here’s what you’ll need!
FILLING INGREDIENTS (10 servings)
TOTAL: 221 cals a slice, $0.98/serving
1. Mix all of the crust ingredients together. Make sure the coconut oil is melted before you add it in.
2. Spread and flatten it into a pie pan.
3. Mix all of the filling ingredients together. Make sure you melt the coconut oil first before you add it in as well. If it is chunky, you may want to try mixing it in a blender.
4. Bake at 350F for about 45 min until the top is a nice, rich, orange color!
5. Chill for at least 30 min to help the pie stiffen.
6. Cut and enjoy!!
I know in the video I said that this was possibly the first time on Cheap Clean Eats that one of the recipes has turned into a disaster, but actually….it was really really really good. I mean. It tasted legit. Like better than legit.
I just didn’t know that it should have been chilled before we cut it! Either way though, I kinda now am loving hot, pudding-like pumpkin pie 🙂 The best part is the crust which tasted crumbly and a bit salty – it was perfection paired with the gooey sweetness of the pumpkin. Please make this recipe for your family this Thanksgiving! They won’t even know the difference!
The pie was lovely but you could probably sub that with Stevia and an overripe banana to really cut down the calories. If anyone tries this please let me know!
If you make this recipe please hashtag #cheapcleaneats on Instagram so I can see your pie!
IN OTHER NEWS…
I want to start up #AskCassey again for a new series! Can you guys leave comments below on some of your BURNING questions? The juicier the better. If I pick you I will feature you and your comment…so try to leave your name and be sure to upload a profile pic!