Matcha is one of my favorite flavors! It’s smooth, earthy and brings me so much comfort. The fact that it’s full of healthy antioxidants is just the icing on the cake (or in this case: Vegan Matcha Cheesecake).
When I developed my new Matcha Milkshake Sculpt+Debloat Protein Powder, I had dozens of recipes in mind. I not only tried to nail the authentic matcha flavor you get while sipping on tea, but also bring a sweet decadence to everything you bake, blend or mix it into.
I’m SO happy with the way my two new protein powder flavors came out! (Be sure to check out my Ube Soft Serve too!)
You need this matcha cheesecake in your life
First, if you’re vegan or like vegan recipes, you know that finding a good cheesecake recipe can be hard. Let’s face it…there’s no exact perfect replacement for real cream cheese. There are several brands that come close, but sometimes vegan versions fall a little short.
So, I tried many variations along the way until I landed on this creamy, earthy, rich and delicious cheesecake.
I love that matcha can be paired with both regular and white chocolate to add an extra layer of flavor! Oh- and the strawberries, while optional, add a bright freshness I find irresistible.
Vegan cheesecake recipes used to intimidate me!
Don’t be like me!
Cashews + tofu = cheesecake? I know it sounds weird but OMG it’s seriously amazing. It gets super creamy with that slightly tangy flavor of cheesecake. Trust me.
Another great part about this recipe is that you don’t HAVE to soak the cashews overnight like in some other recipes! You can opt to soak for just 20 minutes in boiling water to save a little time.
Otherwise, don’t cut any corners! Making cheesecake is a process and takes a little time. It’s so worth it!
Healthy Vegan Matcha Cheesecake
*This recipe may contain affiliate links to products we use and love.
- 8 full sheets vegan graham crackers
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp monk fruit granular sweetener
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup (7 oz) firm tofu
- 2/3 cup monk fruit confectioners sweetener
- 6 oz non-dairy vanilla yogurt We used So Delicious coconut vanilla yogurt
- 2 scoops Matcha Shake Sculpt + Debloat Protein Powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp matcha powder (optional for more matcha flavor & greener hue)
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 6” springform pan with cooking spray. Grind the graham crackers, oil and granular sweetener in a food processor to fine crumbs. Press into the bottom of the pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- Pour boiling water over the cashews and soak for 20 minutes (or soak overnight in water). Drain well and place into a high-powered blender or food processor.
- Add the tofu, sweetener, yogurt, protein powder, vanilla, matcha powder (if using) and salt, and process until completely smooth, scraping the sides as needed.
- Pour into crust and bake for about 40 minutes or until the edges begin to firm and the center is set, but still slightly jiggly.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill for 6 hours to overnight in the refrigerator.
- If desired, sprinkle with chocolate chips, or melt them and drizzle on top.
Check out these matcha protein recipes!
Let me know in the comments if you try making any of these!
PS – If you want some more easy, high-protein recipes, check out my protein cookbook!