The smell of fresh cinnamon rolls is one of the scents EVER. Like, it strolling by a Cinnabon might be my favorite part about the airport.
But… cinnamon rolls usually contain a lot of the things that just make me feel blah like gluten, a ton of sugar, and dairy. I still indulge every now and then, but you know I had to come up with my own recipe so I can get my cinnamon roll fix any time I want, without suffering the consequences.
These Gooey Protein Cinnamon Rolls are warm, ooey gooey deliciousness. I love how easy the are to make and they always satisfy my craving. As a bonus, I added protein powder to make them extra filling! I can’t wait for you to make them!
How I Cassey-fied cinnamon rolls
Instead of white flour I used oat flour, which is a slower burning carb that contains fiber. In other words, these keep me full! Instead of butter or oil, I used applesauce to lighten them up a bit without sacrificing texture.
I figured, why not make these protein cinnamon rolls?! So I added Sculpt + Debloat Protein Powder (which is vegan!), in the Sweet Cream flavor. It takes place of some of the flour and give a little protein boost.
I often use monk fruit sweetener in my recipes in place of sugar. It’s calorie-free and it bakes 1:1 for sugar. I also found a lower sugar maple syrup that I love.
For the icing I like to just melt a little coconut butter! It’s lightly sweet with the same texture as icing. But you could totally dust the tops with confectioners’ monk fruit sweetener or just more syrup and cinnamon. I love how customizable these are!
Ready to make Gooey Protein Cinnamon Rolls?!
Gooey Protein Cinnamon Rolls
*This recipe may contain affiliate links to products we use and love.
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 scoops Blogilates Sculpt + Debloat Sweet Cream Protein Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3 tbsp monk fruit syrup (or another low sugar syrup)
- 3-4 tbsp unsweetened applesauce*
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup monk fruit syrup (or another low sugar syrup)
- 3 tbsp granular monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp melted coconut butter**
- Heat oven to 350°F. Whisk together the oat flour, protein powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add the syrup, applesauce, egg and vanilla and stir, then knead with hands, as dough will be thick. *If needed, add one more tablespoon of applesauce.
- Separate dough into two equal balls and place each between two sheets of parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray. Roll out into two rectangles.
- Stir filling ingredients together and spoon across each dough. Gently roll from the long side, then cut each one into 5 pinwheels for a total of 10.
- Nestle the rolled dough circles into a loaf pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with coconut butter.
- **An alternative drizzle to coconut butter is butter, syrup or powdered monk fruit sweetener.
Love breakfast foods? Me too! Check out a few more baked recipes
Let me know in the comments if you try making any of these!
PS – If you want some more easy, high-protein recipes, check out my protein cookbook!
*This recipemay contain referral links for products we love, and all opinions are our own.earns a small commission from these links, at no additional cost to you.