I wish this summer would slooooow down! Maybe I just feel super busy and like time is flying because we had to slow down last year? Who knows! Anyways, I’ve been relying on healthy snacks A LOT this summer because I’ve been on-the-go so much and I wanted to share some of my faves with you!
First up, a 2-Ingredient Watermelon Slushie Recipe.
I was skeptical the first time I made this. I thought it would be bland and basically taste like watered down watermelon ice. NOT TRUE! This is so delicious and refreshing and sweet! My advice is don’t skip the lime – the extra zing it adds is totally necessary.
Here is what your ingredient list looks like… and a sneak peek of the slush before it freezes up!
Two ingredients also means this recipe is gluten, dairy, and added sugar free. And vegan! YAY!
The process to make this watermelon slushie does take some time (mostly just waiting for it to freeze type of time), but it’s soooo worth it.
This Watermelon Slushie Recipe Is SO EASY
- 1kg (around 1/2 watermelon) watermelon flesh (chopped)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Lime zest
- Place the watermelon, lime juice and zest into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a shallow, freezable container and place in freezer.
- After two hours, gently scrape the top layer with a spoon. Once you get to the unfrozen layer, pop it back in the freezer.
- Repeat after another 2 hours.
- Freeze until solid (around 6 hours depending on surface area of container)
- Scrape with a spoon to create the slush, and serve!
Makes approximately 6 servings
Recipe Credit: Healthy Little Foodies
Serving Size – 1/6 recipe
Note – Nutrition info is an estimate and may vary 🙂