We’re getting closer and closer to summer (yay!), which I loooove because I can get so many fresh fruits and veggies! I eat a TON of fruit in the summer. I just love having something sweet AND refreshing to snack on during the day. Berries are usually my go-to, but lately I’ve been branching out with fruit-based dessert recipes.
Lately, I’ve been craving citrus. Specifically, this Roasted Grapefruit recipe. OMG it’s amazing.
I know that grapefruit isn’t everyone’s favorite. It has a little bit of a bitter tanginess to it that just doesn’t work for some people. But seriously, this recipe totally changed grapefruit for me. Roasting the grapefruit caramelizes the sugar in the grapefruit, which adds a little sweetness and cuts the bitter aftertaste.
I added a touch of monk fruit sweetener and a sprinkle of crushed nuts because DUHHH. And then I had to be extra and add a dollop of coconut yogurt after it was done roasting and I HAVE NO REGRETS.
My favorite part might be how fun it is that the grapefruit makes its own little bowl 🙂
This recipe is decadent but STILL 90 Day Journey compatible! It’s vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free. If you want more recipes just like this, try out my 90 Day Journey Meal Plans!
Go preheat your oven. You’re gonna want this Roasted Grapefruit Recipe NOWWW!
This Roasted Grapefruit Recipe Is Quick And Easy!
- 1 Grapefruit, halved
- Monk Fruit Sweetener, to taste
- 1/4 cup Coconut Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Chopped Almonds
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle each half of the grapefruit with monk fruit sugar and chopped almonds. Place on a baking sheet or in an oven-safe dish.
- Roast grapefruit for 15 minutes, until it gets a little bubbly and caramelized.
- Remove from oven and top with coconut yogurt.
- Use whatever sweetener you prefer!
- If you have a nut allergy, just leave them off or replace them with something crunchy like nut-free granola or coconut.