I hope you are loving all the new avocado recipes! They are so delish. I can’t stop eating the Avocado Toast for breakfast. It is just so good and super filling.
Well, with a new month, comes a new monthly challenge! After asking y’all on twitter what you wanted to focus on, it was CLEAR that thighs were going to be our next target. So without further adieu, here it is:
Please save and share with your friends, family, and co-workers. It’s a really fun thing you guys can do during a break together that’ll get you moving an out of your chair if you’re at the office! Don’t worry about the judgement. Anyone who doesn’t feel comfortable doing this with you is because they’re insecure about stepping outside of their comfort zone. BE that inspiration they need in their lives.
Here are your moves in cute gif form :)
1. Plie Squats: Make sure that your toes are faced diagonally outwards and that when you squat down, you are engaging your thighs. Imagine that your knees need to open wide as you sit down. But keep your chest open and up. DO NOT hunch over forward! Stay tall.
2. Leg Swings: This move targets your outer thighs and your obliques! It’s a double whammy. If you need a chair to hold on to, go ahead and grab one. This move also tests your balanace. Be sure to FLEX your foot and keep your leg straight as you swing.
3. Side Lunges: This is so perfect for inner thighs. When I am at the gym I hold a 30 lb barbell on my upper back to intensify the movement! But since you’re most likely doing these moves at home and the reps will get high, you’ll be just fine. Just make sure to lunge low! And keep your straight leg straight as you get up to starting position.
4. Side Leg Lifts: Lay on your side, make sure your body is in a straight line, and simply lift your top leg up and down. Please point your toes!
5. Inner Thigh Pulses: This move is so effective and one of my favorites in POP Pilates to perform when I want to target my inner thighs! This trick here is to keep your moving foot in “awkward foot” position. Your heel must be up and your toes must face down. Trust me, it’s weird. But that’s how it works. Then simply lift up and down. For the other bent leg, if you can’t hold it like in the gif above, simply lay your knee down on the ground in front of you.
Alrighty my friends! Please comment below and tell me if you’re in! Then I want you to forward this link to one person. Just one! Again, be a leader and a motivator in someone’s life and spread our Blogilates positivity with your world :D