Ah, the second Cheap Clean Eats episode is here! This weekend when my sister visited, we headed over to Diddy Riese by UCLA to share an ice cream cookie sandwich. We got 2 cinnamon sugar cookies with strawberry cheesecake ice cream inside. It was super yum and was also part of her graduation food fest extravaganza! You know, even though eating out can really add up, it inspires my creativity in the kitchen. I love cookie sandwiches so I just HAD TO find a way to healthify this dessert!
So this one was a piece of cake!
– 2 ripe bananas
– 1 cup of rolled oats (dry)
1. Dice banana into coins and freeze for a few hours or overnight
2. Place dried oats into a food processor and grind into oat flour
3. Pour oat flour into a bowl and mash with other banana with hands until a dough forms
4. Make 4 cookies and place in oven for 15 min at 350F
5. Cool cookies
6. Take frozen banana coins and put them into the food processor and blend for 1-2 min until it forms a cream! (It’s like magic!)
7. Scoop ice cream onto cookie, sandwich it…
8. AND EAT!!!!!
A regular Diddy Riese oatmeal cookie is 195 cals each. A whole sandwich with vanilla ice cream is 560 cals. Our Blogilates Ice Cream Sandwich is only 260 cals! That’s like half!! Now let’s talk about price. I bought my sandwich for $1.75 which is still a great price. But this baby is a winner on the Cheap Clean Eats list…look:
Bananas: 2 at 19 cents each = 38 cents
1 cup dried oats = 60 cents
TOTAL: 98 cents for 2 ice cream cookie sandwiches! That’s 49 cents each!!
Now go make this cookie and tag it #CheapCleanEats on Instagram so I can find it! Good luck and eat well 🙂