Some of you may remember that a few months ago I said I wanted to do a new cooking show that was focused on showing you how to eat clean on a budget. Well my loves, I finally did it!!
Presenting the world premier of the first ever Cheap Clean Eats episode! Today we are making one of the world’s FAVORITE food…PIZZA!!!
If you thought you could never have pizza while eating clean, there’s hope. In today’s recipe, I show you how to make a flourless pizza with no gluten and no refined carbs! Sound too good to be true? Nope!! Look:
RECIPE for 1 medium pizza (8 slices):
– 1 cup of shredded cauliflower or 1/3 of a head of cauliflower…60 cents
– 1/2-3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese…$1.30
– 1 egg…15 cents
– 1 tsp dried oregano…1 cent
– 1/2 tsp crushed garlic…10 cents
Toppings (up to you but I did a veggie medley):
– 1/2 cup pizza sauce…60 cents
– 1/2 cup mushrooms…60 cents
– 1/2 green bell pepper…35 cents
– 1/2 red onion…55 cents
WHOLE PIZZA = $4.26
1 SLICE = 53 cents
1. Shred cauliflower in a food processor
2. Microwave in a bowl for 8 min
3. Mix in about 1/2 cup of cheese, save rest for topping
4. Crack the egg and mix all ingredients together
5. Spray pan with PAM and make a nice base of cauli-cheese crust
6. Bake in oven for 10-15 min at 350F
7. Then take out crust, top with sauce and toppings
8. Place back in oven for another 10-15 min
Whoa! Crazy amazing right? I know, I know. I couldn’t believe it when I first made this either. The crust actually sticks and it gets crunchy if you put it long enough!
Have fun with this one. I hope you like the recipe. Don’t shake your head at me and say “It won’t taste the same!” TRY IT. You will be surprised.
Cheap Clean Eats will debut every Thursday on my main channel YouTube.com/Blogilates and the workouts will go live every Monday! Please subscribe to my channel to stay on track and support me – I would really love that!
If any of you have ideas for the next Cheap Clean Eats episode, please comment and tell me! Demand what I should healthify next!
<3 you so much!