Eat the Rainbow! Week #3 Blogilates Challenge
WOWEE!!! I did not blog for like 3 days. I felt soooo guilty but I just kept going to sleep earlier than normal and I usually write around the wee hours of the morning. I hope you forgive me. I do feel re-energized though. Sleep is so good! As most of you know, I am so bad at making rest a priority.
This week’s challenge was inspired by POPster Emily Yantis on Facebook! She suggested that we eat the rainbow and I LOVED the idea.
I actually went out and bought some colorful fruits and veggies the next day.
Your challenge this week is to eat the following colors each day of the week and post your meal featuring that color on facebook! This is to keep you accountable!
- MONDAY: RED
- red foods have lycopene which decreases your risk of heart disease and protects your skin from sun damage
- ex: tomatoes, red pepper, chili, guava, watermelon, pink grapefruit
- TUESDAY: ORANGE
- orange foods have tons of vitamin A which helps with low light vision!
- ex: sweet potato, orange, carrots, cantaloupe, winter squash
- WEDNESDAY: YELLOW
- yellow foods help decrease joint inflammation
- ex: banana, yellow bell pepper, pineapple, corn, yellow squash
- THURSDAY: GREEN
- green foods play an important role in stimulating new tissue growth and hindering growth of bacteria
- ex: broccoli, kale, kiwi, green beans, asparagus, avocado
- FRIDAY: BLUE
- blue & purple foods help prevent short term memory loss – blueberries in particular help your brain respond better to incoming messages and might spur new growth of nerve cells
- ex: blueberries, blackberries
- SATURDAY: PURPLE
- ex: radish, red cabbage, beet, plum, eggplant
- SUNDAY: EAT THE RAINBOW
- Try to eat one of every color today! Either in one meal or throughout the day!