Eat the Rainbow! Week #3 Blogilates Challenge
WOWEE!!! I did not blog for like 3 days. I felt soooo guilty but I just kept going to sleep earlier than normal and I usually write around the wee hours of the morning. I hope you forgive me. I do feel re-energized though. Sleep is so good! As most of you know, I am so bad at making rest a priority.
This week’s challenge was inspired by POPster Emily Yantis on Facebook! She suggested that we eat the rainbow and I LOVED the idea.
I actually went out and bought some colorful fruits and veggies the next day.
Your challenge this week is to eat the following colors each day of the week and post your meal featuring that color on facebook! This is to keep you accountable!
- MONDAY: RED
- red foods have lycopene which decreases your risk of heart disease and protects your skin from sun damage
- ex: tomatoes, red pepper, chili, guava, watermelon, pink grapefruit
- TUESDAY: ORANGE
- orange foods have tons of vitamin A which helps with low light vision!
- ex: sweet potato, orange, carrots, cantaloupe, winter squash
- WEDNESDAY: YELLOW
- yellow foods help decrease joint inflammation
- ex: banana, yellow bell pepper, pineapple, corn, yellow squash
- THURSDAY: GREEN
- green foods play an important role in stimulating new tissue growth and hindering growth of bacteria
- ex: broccoli, kale, kiwi, green beans, asparagus, avocado
- FRIDAY: BLUE
- blue & purple foods help prevent short term memory loss – blueberries in particular help your brain respond better to incoming messages and might spur new growth of nerve cells
- ex: blueberries, blackberries
- SATURDAY: PURPLE
- ex: radish, red cabbage, beet, plum, eggplant
- SUNDAY: EAT THE RAINBOW
- Try to eat one of every color today! Either in one meal or throughout the day!
10 thoughts on “Eat the Rainbow! Week #3 Blogilates Challenge”
There are 10 comments posted by our users.
Love this idea!! I have all the colors in my refrigerator, but yellow. I’ll get that soon. Had to move the colors around to fit yellow in the week. I’ll sure my pics with you on FB. 😀
I love this challenge, definitely gonna do this! Happy Birthday, Cassie!!
How last week’s challenge went for me:
Happy birthday Cassey! You’re the best instructor ever! I hope you enjoy your cake! (Or whatever else you eat on your birthday!) 😀
Are there other examples for blue fruits or vegetables? I’m not too keen on black- or Blueberries and can’t think of anything else that is blue.
I know I’m going to have trouble with the blue and purple.
I love this idea!!! I wish I saw it before I went to food shopping this afternoon. I wonder what I have that is red to eat tomorrow?? Does red pepper hummus count? I guess I’ll have to drop by the store again.
Great Challenge! I need to incorporate more veggies into my diet. I get stuck with the same couple every week. This is a fun way to add more color to my meals!
I wish everything fun wasn’t on Facebook. Not everyone is there lol