June 25, 2021
Eggs and smoothie bowls are amazing, but you know I loveeee my sweets! The kind of breakfast that doubles as a sweet snack later in the day too. The trick is finding something that satisfies my cravings for something sweet and cakey, but ALSO keeps me full with sustainable energy (plz no energy crash at 10am).
Would you think Cinnamon Coffee Cake would check those boxes? I didn’t either, until I perfected this recipe. It’s gluten, dairy and sugar-free. which leaves me feeling great even if I eat a huge piece (I always do). But it’s alsooooo warm and cinnamon-y and has that classic crunch from the streusel. And of course I didn’t forget the most important part – THE GLAZE.
My favorite part about this recipe is how meal prep-friendly it is. Mug cakes are usually my go-to, but this recipe makes enough to have snacks on hand alllll weeeeek!
Anyways, I think you get the point. This gluten-free Cinnamon Coffee Cake is AMAZING!
Also -this recipe works for the 90 Day Journey too! It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and easily vegan if you replace the egg with a chia or flax egg. If you want more recipes just like this, try out my 90 Day Journey Meal Plans!
You ready?!! Let’s make Cinnamon Coffee Cake!!
Here’s Your Gluten Free Dairy Free Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe!
*Recipe adapted from Sweet As Honey
For The Cake Batter
2 cups Almond Flour
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons Monk Fruit Sugar (can use Stevia but may need to adjust to taste)
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 Large Eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract, at room temperature
1/2 cup Melted Dairy-Free Unsalted Butter (or melted coconut oil)
1/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk, at room temperature
For The Cinnamon Streusel
1 cup Almond Flour
1/3 cup Erythritol
1/3 cup Melted Non-Dairy Butter or Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
2 teaspoons Instant Espresso (optional)
1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
For The Sugar-Free Glaze
1 cup monk fruit sweetener
2 Tbsp coconut oil, softened
3-6 Tbsp coconut or almond milk to reach desired consistency
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the cinnamon streusel by combining all streusel ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
For The Cake Batter
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, salt and sweetner until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the melted, cooled dairy-free butter. Add almond milk and vanilla and continue to mix until combined.
- Add liquid ingredients to the bowl with dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined. Don’t overmix! Batter will be thick.
Build Your Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake!
- Spread half of the cake batter into your prepared pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon streusel over the batter.
- Top with the remaining batter.
- Sprinkle remaining streusel on top of the cake.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan, using the parchment paper to lift.
- While the cake cools (this will take an hour or so), stir together the glaze ingredients until you reach your desired consistency and there are no clumps.
- When the cake is completely cool, drizzle on that glaze!
I can’t wait for you to try this! Whatever you do, don’t skip the streusel or glaze. AHHH so good.
When you make this, tag me on Instagram or let me know in the comments! This gluten free Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe will melt in your mouth.
If you have a sweet tooth, there are more healthy desserts like this one in my 90 Day Journey Meal Plans!