The Most Provocative Blogilates Posts of 2013
Hey hey POPsters!
As 2013 comes to a close, I wanted to take a moment and think about Blogilates and you guys. It has been an extraordinary year and I must thank you…each and every single one of you for being here with me and for one other to make our community strong and beautiful.
2013 was all about trying new things and learning how to make fitness more entertaining for you guys. I’d say we had a successful season of Cheap Clean Eats that will surely come back in the new year. It just got really tiring filming so much…esp. food vids! They take forever. Recipe-making takes even longer 🙂 From Dogilates to dressing up as a flapper to playing “Cassiss” Everdeen from Hunger Games (and not getting my video taken down by Lionsgate YEAHHHH) I think I’m ready to take our production value up to the next level in the new year!
1. I released the first ever Blogilates App on iPhone…and then on Android!!!
2. Got a book deal with a major publisher and finished writing the second draft of my manuscript! Here’s an epic photo from the Salt Flats.
3. Spent an amazing day with my New York POPsters at the NYC Meet Up!
4. Won a freakin’ Shorty Award for #SocialFitness which YOU helped me get! Watch my acceptance speech…I squatted in a dress…
5. Dressed up all 80’s and partied with you guys at the UCLA Meet Up right after NYC!
6. Had my first running-a-booth experience at IDEA World 2013! It was so insane and so fun to show everyone what oGorgeous is all about! Hope to do it again next year.
7. Spent an unforgettable day with my Boston POPsters at the Blogilates Boston Meet Up! Thank you again to Simmons College for helping me put this on!
Watch this heart-warming video…gets me every time!
8. Got a chance to work alongside YouTube legends and fulfill my lifelong dream of being in a YouTube Rewind video!
9. And last but not least…found my POP Pilates DVD in Target!
Oops, didn’t mean to make the post so long and full of pics and videos! But hey, it’s the end of 2013, let’s celebrate yeah? Ok now onto the Most provocative Blogilates posts of 2013!
For an article to win the provocative award, I calculated how popular each one was based on comments, views, and how crazy traffic went that day! Here were the posts that moved you:
1. Ashamed of Gaining Weight (1263 comments) – a post about how I gained weight back after my bikini competition and how people were telling me I looked fat.
2. Your Thigh Gap’s Not Good Enough FYI (1210 comments) – a post about negativity in the community and people body bashing…me.
3. Things that Make me Scream and Shout (913 comments) – my honest reaction to the first time I watched Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. Maybe a little too honest. Heated. I remember reading the comments here and crying!!
4. Look what Honey Boo Boo Started (1068 comments) – my follow up post explaining why I said the things I said in my original Honey Boo Boo post. Took a couple days for me to write.
5. Do you Call this Fat Shaming? (372 comments) – a post about how controversial fitness mom Maria Kang “shamed” other moms into thinking they should look like her.
6. The Victoria’s Secret Model Diet (114 comments) – a post about how VS models must eat before a runway show.
Go read those if you have a chance! You’ll see why they were the most heated posts of the year. And leave a comment if you feel necessary 🙂
OH!!! And I finally got a chance to try on the sparkle dress. What do you think?
My mommy always told me that if you’re unsure about a purchase, just sleep on it, and when you wake up, and you still want it, THEN you can go get it! I have a feeling I’ll still want it…but ok let’s see if my dreams say otherwise. I still have the romper as back up. Eek the decisions! And then the shoes! One step at a time…
I guess you all will see Tuesday night at the A List “Passport to the World 2014” Ball! what dress I end up choosing! And in case you were wondering, this one is by Jovani and the romper is by Keepsake the Label, an Australian brand.
Ok happy reading and see you again soon 🙂