You know I have a small obsession with cauliflower EVERYTHING and pancakes.
Well, I combined the two… and the results were AMAZING. I look forward to these every morning for breakfast. They’re sooooooo good.
The key to this cauliflower pancake recipe is patience. You can’t rush them! Let them crisp up for a few minutes on each side and you won’t regret it. Trust me.
Okay, ready to make the best breakfast ever?!
Here’s how you make cauliflower pancakes
Gather your ingredients:
- 4 cups cooked cauliflower rice
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle of oil
- Your favorite toppings (I loooove a fried egg, tomato and avocado. Oh and Trader Joe’s Everything But The Elote makes these PERFECTION)
Annnd make your cauliflower pancakes!
- In a medium bowl, mix the cooked cauliflower rice, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and drizzle with a little oil.
- Dollop your pancake batter onto the hot pan and use a spoon or spatula to shape it into perfect little circles.
- WAIT at least 2-3 minutes before flipping your pancakes. SO IMPORTANT.
- When the pancakes are all nice and cooked, remove them from the pan and top them with yummy things like a fried egg (check out the runny yolk in the video below. YUM), tomato and avocado. Sprinkle on some Everything But The Elote Seasoning and you are GOOD TO GO.
View this post on Instagram
So pretty. So delicious. And paleo and keto! Like I said…. best breakfast EVER.
If you make it, pleeeeease tag me on Instagram or let me know in the comments! I wanna know what you think! And if this inspires you to try more healthy pancake recipes, start with another fave of mine, the Fluffy Keto Souffle Pancake 🙂
10 thoughts on “The Best Savory Cauliflower Pancake Recipe”
There are 10 comments posted by our users.
I love eating healthy and pancakes are my favorite but pancakes with cauliflower sound interesting.
Would broccoli work too?
Is there anything Cassey won’t try to turn into a pancake?
Haha Ikr ^^
Sounds like a nice omelet with just some cauliflower crumb sprinkled in between. 🙂
Looks amazing! How many does this recipe make though?
Oh my gosh. I feel like this serves one. Me. The Linda serving size, haha!
Hi Cassey, this looks awesome! Have you heard of Korean street toast? (If not, watch a YouTube video, they are decadent and delicious!) I make a similar thing where I combine egg, shredded coleslaw mix and green onion and cook it in a savory pancake. So good!
This sounds good but what’s the replacement for egg?
these look soooo good. i’m not a big fan of banana pancakes so i can’t wait to try these out instead!