My love for pancakes miiiiiight be borderline obsession.
But it’s fine.
Because all of my experimenting in the kitchen to find the fluffiest, most melt in your mouth, HEAVENLY pancakes really paid off this time. It’s proof that healthy pancakes don’t have to be flat and tasteless.
Actually…this souffle pancake recipe will give you pancakes so thick and fluffy that they ACTUALLY jiggle.
And ummm did I mention they’re also keto?! YES.
Make this souffle pancake recipe ASAP
Gather your ingredients:
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 Tbsp cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
Annnd make those fluffy pancakes:
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- With a hand mixer or in a stand mixer, beat the egg whites and baking soda together until stiff peaks form.
- In a blender, mix the egg yolks with the cottage cheese and almond flour until combined.
- Gently fold the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. While your pan is getting nice and warm, make 3 rings out of aluminum foil (check out the video below to see how I did this!).
- Drizzle your pan with oil, and place the metal rings on the pan. Gently pour your pancake batter into each ring, cover your pan and cook your pancakes for a couple minutes on each side (flipping GENTLY between sides!)
These babies are DELISH on their own, but you can top them with maple syrup, monk fruit syrup, some fruit…whatever you’re feeling.
View this post on Instagram
What I love most about this recipe is that this beautiful stack of pancakes don’t leave me feeling so blahhhh (lookin’ at you, sugar, dairy and gluten). The ingredients are so simple and sit so well with me!
When you make these, don’t forget to give them a good jiggle! It’s so fun! And then, come back here and let me know how much you loved them in the comments!