April 23, 2021
I’m always looking for ways to get more protein at breakfast. Like yeah, I love eggs and I can always throw some protein powder in a smoothie, but sometimes I just want to mix it up. Bonus points if it’s something I can meal prep because my mornings are BUSY.
Well, I found a winner. Wanna know what it is?
I can’t evennnn believe I never knew that A. Quinoa doesn’t always have to be savory and B. Quinoa for breakfast is a huuuuuuge upgrade to oatmeal! Seriously though, where has this recipe been my whole life?!?!
Of course, I couldn’t keep it to myself. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and an amazing source of plant-based protein (16 grams!).
Get ready, this Breakfast Quinoa is really gonna up your breakfast game.
How To Make Breakfast Quinoa
- 1/2 c uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 c water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 T unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c berries
- 2 T walnuts, chopped
1. Add quinoa, water and salt to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until no water remains. Fluff quinoa with a fork.
2. Add flaxseed, sweetener and cinnamon. You might also add a tablespoon or so of almond or coconut milk to make your oats extra creamy.
3. Stir, top with nuts and fresh fruit, and enjoy!
- Sometimes I double or triple this recipe to have breakfast ready later in the week!
- Feel free to use any sweetener you prefer.
Move over oatmeal, this Breakfast Quinoa recipe is going to be your new staple!
When you make this, tag me on Instagram or let me know in the comments so I can see your beautiful bowl of Breakfast Quinoa! If you need more delicious, healthy breakfast recipes, remember that you can find even more in my 90 Day Journey Meal Plans!