January 15, 2021
You’ve probably noticed on Instagram that I’ve been having wayyyy too much fun in the kitchen over the past year. I’ve always loved to cook and experiment with recipes, but I’ve really taken things to another level with the extra time I’ve spent at home, thanks to COVID. I think I’m most excited to share my faves with you!
Putting together new recipes is fun, but sometimes it’s fun to tweak old favorites too. I love to circle back to recipes that used to be staples and give them new life.
Like my Super Hash Browns.
This is a tried and true Blogilates recipe that I created years ago. It’s truly one of my favorites! It’s a healthy, low carb hash brown made with cauliflower rice that is crisped to perfection. Top it with creamy avocado, tomato and a drippy over easy egg and OMG. You won’t believe how good it is until you try it for yourself. I’ve tweaked this recipe to perfection, and even included it in my 90 Day Meal Plan. I could probably eat these every day.
Wanna try?! I think you do.
Super Hash Browns Recipe
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1/3 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp freshly diced tomatoes (optional)
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil or coconut oil
1. Heat up your pan or wok and put about 1 tsp of olive oil in the pan as it heats up on high. Then pour in the riced cauli and stir around for a few minutes until slightly golden. You don’t want to do this for too long because the cauli will eventually go back on the pan again and have another chance to cook through.
2. Then crack 1 egg in a big bowl. Pour the sauteed cauli in the bowl and mix thoroughly. Add in about 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper. You can adjust accordingly.
3. In a medium heat pan, add some oil and let heat. Then take heaping TBSPs of the hash brown batter and spread in an even circle on the pan. Let the bottom of the hash brown solidify before flipping. This should take a few minutes. Once you flip, it will look like a hashbrown (or a latke)!
4. Now make your Avocado Mash. It’s avocados mashed with a fork with 1 tsp lemon juice and some salt and pepper to taste.
5. Now it’s layering time! Put the Avo mash on the hash brown, cook 2 eggs sunny side up and top with some chili flakes and tomatoes if you desire!
If you make Super Hash Browns, you HAVEEEEEE to share with me! I need to see how it turned out!
Tag me on Instagram or let me know in the comments! Mmmm, can’t wait to see!