Feel the Self Love With These Journal Prompts
Self-love journal prompts to help you pause and remind yourself of how amazing you are.
Whether you’re feeling down around V-day or just want a reminder of how amazing you are, it’s always a good thing to take time and reflect on what makes you the one and only ~you~.
What is Self-Love, Really?
Self-love. Sounds self explanatory, right? Well, it’s a little more complicated than just having a positive relationship with your own body and mind. Self-love means that you accept yourself fully, treat yourself with kindness and respect, and nurture your growth and wellbeing.
It’s a lot. And it’s easier said than done. Let’s be honest, there are plenty of times we look down on ourselves; we beat ourselves up for not looking or acting a certain way. No matter what we do, we could’ve done better. Focusing on our shortcomings is such an easy thing to do. What’s a lot harder is giving ourselves permission to celebrate all of the great things we accomplish each and every day.
Why is Celebrating Ourselves Important?
Giving yourself some love is a form of gratitude. By reflecting on what you’ve accomplished, you are giving yourself the credit you deserve and thanking yourself for all you’ve overcome. Research says that gratitude is associated with greater happiness; it helps you feel more positive, enjoy experiences more, improve your health, and help you build stronger relationships.
That’s right! Focusing on improving your relationship with yourself can make your other relationships even stronger. How cool is that?
So what are you waiting for? Showing yourself some love starts right now! We’ve collected some self-love journal prompts to help you get started.
Our Favorite Self-Love Journal Prompts
- We’ve all faced challenges. What’s one challenge you overcame and how have you grown because of it?
- Putting yourself out there isn’t easy. Write about a moment when you felt brave.
- So often we see the best in others, but not in ourselves. Write a love letter for yourself… really highlight all your great qualities!
- How can you love yourself more today? Use some of these coping skills as a guide if you need some ideas!
- Sometimes, we can be our own worst enemy. What current habits are stopping you from loving yourself fully?
- Try to see things in a different light. Write down one of your weaknesses. Then flip the narrative; describe why it’s actually a strength!
- It’s about the little things. Describe something you’ve done that makes you proud.
- Something in your past that you can’t get out of your head? What can you make peace with? Writing it down might help you to let it go.
- It’s important to know what places in your life are safe spaces. Where can you feel comfortable expressing your authentic self?
- Putting others before yourself is so easy to do. But it’s okay to put yourself first sometimes. When are you saying “yes” when you really want to say “no”?
- It’s hard to practice self-love when you feel like you’re constantly drained. When do you feel the most energized? How can you incorporate these moments into your life more often?
- Create a self-love positive affirmation for yourself. Repeat this mantra whenever you’re feeling lesser-than.
Continue Your Self-Love Journey
Why not get fancy with it? Now that you’ve got some self-love journal prompts to work with, we recommend getting some cute journaling supplies too!
We love these positive affirmation stickers and these pastel journaling pens. Can’t get enough of journaling? Try the POPFLEX 90 Day Journal POPFLEX 90 Day Journal.
We put time and energy into strengthening our relationships with others and practice giving forgiveness and grace when our expectations for them fall short. So we need to make sure to do the same for our relationships with ourselves.
Your relationship with yourself is so important; it’s also the longest relationship you’ll ever have. So go show yourself some love! Take part in our 14-day Date Yourself Challenge, listen to some Self-Love Anthems or treat yourself to something a little something from our Valentine’s Day Gift Guide.
2 thoughts on “Feel the Self Love With These Journal Prompts”
There are 2 comments posted by our users.
I love this! It’s more important than some people, like myself, realize 🙂
So glad you liked it! We love to share the love and sometimes that means sharing it with ourselves! <3