July 9, 2014
Happy hump day! How are your workouts going? I’ve recently started getting super crazy excited about my workouts at the gym again. I mean, not that I wasn’t excited before…I just wasn’t super CRAZY excited. I know, it sounds weird that even your instructor sometimes wants a lazy day once in a while! But it’s true. Being overwhelmed with work, the only place that I was able to sacrifice from was workout time for the past couple months. Ah! So horrendous. I’m confessing now 🙁 I feel bad for not committing to my usual 6x a week. How could I let myself slide!? And to add to it, I let my diet slip a little too! Oopsies.
But you know what, sometimes you mind and your body need a break. Things happen for a reason. I’m so happy I’m over that slump now because now I’m back with a bang!! I feel so much more energetic and happy! That endorphin rush I get after an amazing workout is what keeps me pumped! I’m back on my game!
The reason for the change? Motivation from friends, new workouts, better eating, and of course tiny results little by little!
Example of my latest salad creation for your culinary inspiration, the Balsamic Chicken Strawberry Summer Salad!
– 1 chicken breast
– 1/4 cup of soycutash (mixture of edamame, corn, and red pepper – you can get this at Trader Joes in the frozen section)
– 1 TBS of balsamic vinegar
– 1/2 avocado
– 2 strawberries
– 2-3 cups of organic spring greens
1. Boil the chicken breast until nearly cooked, then chop it up into mini chunks.
2. Sautee the soycutash in a pan over high heat. If you have a nonstick pan, no need to use any oil.
3. Then add in the chicken breast chunks. Pour about 1 TBS of balsamic vinegar and make sure everything gets a piece of the action! Do until corn has some slight browning on it’s surface.
4. Cut strawberries into circles. Cut avocado into slices.
5. Plate by grabbing a few handfuls of spring greens and creating a bed. Then pour your chicken/soycutash mixture on top and decorate with the strawberries and the avocado.
I hope you choose to try this combination! It’s amazing how great fruit tastes along side more savory things. If you end up making the salad hashtag it #blogilates so I can see!
Today I also want to share with you a fun fitness fashion photoshoot I did the other day with my new lens and my new white capri! At first I was like who wears white workout pants!!?? Then I put them on…
You can’t go wrong with coral on white.
First I was like yeah, let’s do coral Nikes too! But it was too much. Toned it down with my black Adidas sneakers.
Loving the mesh side panels.
Wasn’t really posed but I thought you’d appreciate some squats paying off 🙂 Always in progress though!
Understated. But strong.
I would say that after my core, my thighs are my strongest body part. What’s yours?
Cute twisty top!
Thanks to these pretty bougainvillea for making a gorg backdrop for my shoot 🙂 I SHALL PICK YOU NOW!!! MUAHAHA! (Just kidding, I didn’t pick them.)
Ah and before I say bye, I want to let you guys know that I will be in the Bay Area this weekend teaching a couple classes on Pier 39 at the SHAPE Magazine’s Summer Shape Up event with Jillian Michaels and some of America’s Top Trainers!
I had a blast in Manhattan Beach meeting you guys post workout a couple weekends ago. Now time to meet some of my Bay Area POPsters! It’s been a while guys 😉 Come out and play! You can get tickets HERE (it’s only $5 a class). I’ll be there all Saturday July 12th.
Hope you enjoyed my fitness fashion post! What do you think? Would you rock white workout pants?
Bye for now pretty POPsters!
.: OUTFIT :.
Top: Forever 21