Have you ever whipped something up in your kitchen that was just for Instagram? (C’mon, let’s be honest here!!) I like making my recipes pretty (even if eating them becomes challenging) but I’d never prepare something I didn’t plan on devouring.
Can I get a “heck-yeah” to leftovers PLEASE?? I’m a firm believer in taking home or saving what I don’t eat. It’s less wasteful, and I never feel the need to stuff myself since there’s always a tomorrow! So if you don’t eat up this entire stack of eye-candy in one sitting with a couple friends, save some for later! Enjoy every bit of the soft cakey pancakes, slightly tangy yogurt and naturally sweet fruit, because this recipe is AH-MAZING. Just cut it carefully because you don’t want your masterpiece to topple over!
Watch me make it below in the latest Cheap Clean Eats episode!
Yield: 3 servings
Serving Size: 1/3rd pancake stack
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 12 min
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 kiwi, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped nectarines or peaches
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 5.3 ounce container vanilla Greek yogurt
- In a small blender, add the bananas, eggs, coconut and oat flours and vanilla extract; process until smooth. Let sit for at least 5 minutes to allow coconut flour to thicken a bit.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet, with cooking spray, over low-medium heat. Pour batter into a measuring cup to help you make 6 even pancakes. Pour 1/6th of the batter into the skillet and cook on low-medium until bubbly (about 2 minutes), then carefully flip and cook for about 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of yogurt on the bottom pancake and cover with blueberries. Layer another pancake on top, spread with 1 tablespoon of yogurt, and cover with kiwis. Repeat this layering process with the remaining fruit. Cover the last pancake with remaining yogurt and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- Feel free to decorate the top with extra fruit in any colors you like!
Calories: 330 | Protein: 15g | Fat: 8g | Net Carbs: 46g | Fiber: 8g
Comment below if you make these and if you changed up any of the fruit!
PS – I am TOTALLY aware that I switched the orange and the yellow in the rainbow order! OOPS!!!