October 3, 2012|
How to Get Clear Skin for Fitness Girls? + Giveaway!
It’s so hot here today in the Bay Area. I don’t understand why. I am STEAMING!!!! It makes editing videos in my room very very hard! How’s the weather where you are? Are you donning sweaters and skinny jeans yet? Or are you sweating like me?
So I’ve been getting this question about skin care quite a bit and wanted to share with you a new “Ask Cassey” video. Did you know that fitness enthusiasts like us have THE MOST DEAD SKIN CELLS on our bodies compared to the average person?
Yeah, me neither until I did a little research yesterday when I was filming this video!
So do you know what that means? It means we need to EXFOLIATE!!!! Aka scrub-scrubby that nasty debris off yo bodayyy!
But before we get to that, here are some tips on how to cleanse you skin from the inside. I believe that proper nutrition is PREVENTATIVE MEDICINE and the key to obtaining optimal health.
- STAY HYDRATED!!!! Drink enough water so that when you pee it’s light yellow or clear.
- GREAT FOODS FOR GREAT SKIN:
- Strawberries, citruses, red peppers, broccoli = Vitamin C = smooth texture
- Sunflower seeds and almonds = Vitamin E = sun protection
- Sweet potatoes and spinach = Vitamin A = fresh complexion
- Stay away from sugary treats! They age you!
- TRY NOT TO WEAR FACE MAKEUP when you work out as it can clog your pores. I wear makeup when I go to the gym, but just eye makeup.
- WASH YOUR FACE AFTER EVERY WORKOUT IMMEDIATELY! This is a must!
Okay…now onto a really cool way to EXFOLIATE (omg I feel so “beauty guru” saying that!). I discovered this Organic Mineral Peel from ORG Skincare after I taught a Pilates class at a women’s fashion/heath/beauty event in San Francisco months ago. I met the owner who was super crazy excited about the Blogilates Community and what we do here. He asked if I wanted to do a giveaway – and well after seeing how much it has helped my skin, I was yeah, like TOTES!
See that nasty debris on my hand? You get to see the spray actually WORK after you rub it on your skin. It begins to extract the dirties right away. It’s kinda nuts.
The liquid is made from aloe vera, mugwort, and grapefruit seed extract – I like that it does not contain any harsh chemicals! It’s like eating clean, unprocessed, whole foods…FOR YOUR SKIN!
It’s such a great post-workout beauty product because after you exercise, don’t you feel all nasty, sticky, sweaty, salty, and pretty much anything that you touch on touches you sticks to your skin? Yeah…eew!
After you spray and exfoliate, all you have to do is rinse with warm water and you’re done.
I’m pretty lazy when it comes to taking care of my skin but this makes it kinda fun. When I can actually see dirt coming off, it motivates me to do it more and more! Kinda like when you see changes in your body when you’re sculpting your physique, you know what I mean?
I try to do this 3 times a week and I’ve noticed my skin getting better!! So I wanna share it with you guys! To celebrate the 100th video on Blogilates (woo-hoo!), we’re gonna have a super cray giveaway.
I’m giving away a bottle of Organic Mineral Peel EVERY SINGLE DAY for the next 14 days! WHAT!!??
DIRECTIONS (2 ways to win):
- Go to YouTube and LIKE the video and comment on it – tell me a beauty tip! Anything! (comment as much as you’d like to increase your chances)
- Tweet me @Blogilates and tell me why you love working out! Use the hashtag #glowfromtheinside (tweet as much as you want!)
Also, the peeps at ORG were kind enough to extend a 20% off code to any POPster who wants to try the peel! Just enter the code “BLOGILATES” at checkout. It’s $29.00 reg. price.
Ok that is all for me today! Off to the gym!
Love you so much! And may the odds me ever in your favor 🙂
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored giveaway thanks to ORG Skincare! All opinions and thoughts are my own and I only share with you guys products and things I truly believe in. Just letting you know!