Happy Healthy Thanksgiving Diet Tips
Hello! And Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Today many Americans will be eating an average of 3,000 calories in this one meal. YES. 3,000. Just as a point of reference, our meal plan is about 1500-1600 calories for the WHOLE DAY. When I was eating a ton back when I was weight lifting pretty frequently, I ate 1900. 3,000 is insane!
Here are some quick tips to help you get through your feast healthfully:
Before the feast…
- Eat a healthy breakfast and lunch. You don’t want to be starving when you come to dinner. This way you can make smart choices.
- Workout in the morning. Just do it. The more cals you burn the more you can “make up” for your feast.
- Drinks tons of water!
At the feast…
- Eat turkey breast! Throw away the skin.
- Eat the greens, the veggies, the salad – all good!
- Mashed potatoes are ok, hopefully they don’t have too much butter in them. If there’s roasted sweet potato choose that instead.
- Pumpkin is said to be the healthier option in dessert land, although sugar content is extremely high!
- Pay attention to how you feel when you’re full and how you feel when you just are craving more.
- Eat slowly, catch up with relatives as you eat so that you don’t inhale your food.
You know what? Thanksgiving happens once a year. It’s a time when you come together and see you family and relatives. Enjoy yourself. Especially if you worked out hard this week. Don’t call any of it cheating. All of the nation will be sharing this meal together, so have what you want, but do not go crazy overboard to a point where you begin to feel emotional distress from eating. Small portions are key. No you will not “ruin” yourself. It’s one day. Get back on the train tomorrow.
Try to focus on spending time with your family. Play games, have great conversation. I wonder if any of your family members will compliment you on how good you’re looking!!! I bet they will. Embrace it and say THANK YOU. Do not deny it. ACCEPT IT.
That’s it guys! You know what to do.
POP Pilates Meetup on Dec 3, that’s next Saturday! If you haven’t registered for a ticket yet, there’s still some left. Click here.
Blogilates Fitness Star Contest, make a video for me to suffer through and I’ll record myself doing your routine! 3 winners. 3 prizes. Ends Nov 27. Details here.
Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for my family, my health, and you guys. Thank you everyone in the Blogilates Community for being awesome.
Love you, Cassey
PS: Great opportunity to burn those extra cals with Black Friday shopping. Get your sneakers out. Shoppers, beware. We’re serious.