Today, it is a very special day. It is the day my best friend, my little sister, was born. Happy Birthday to the coolest, funniest, craziest sister I could ever ask for. I made a very special episode of Cheap Clean Eats this week showcasing the very cake I made to surprise her. Please join me in celebrating Jackelyn’s birthday!
If you have a special occasion coming up, I suggest you make this too. So good. Here’s the ingredients you’ll need:
– 1/2 cup coconut flour
– 1/2 cup almond flour
– 5 eggs
– 2/3 cup non dairy milk (I used almond)
– 2 TBS stevia
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 lemons (make 1 tsp of lemon zest, then squeeze juice of both)
– 4 TBS greek yogurt
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– pinch of salt
– 1/2 cup blueberries
– 4 dates soaked in water for 1 hr (pit them)
– 1/2 block firm tofu
– 1/3 pack of tofutti cream cheese
– 1/4 cup honey
1. Mix all of the cake ingredients.
2. Bake cake at 350F for about 25 min.
3. Make the icing by blending all of the icing ingredients in a food processor. I am using the Breville Sous Chef. Make sure the dates are pitted.
4. Once cake cools, smother icing all over the cake. Decorate with more blueberries and coconut shreds (optional)
5. EAT!!! Cuz that’s what you do with cakes 😉
It ends up being $1.04 a slice and the cake makes 8 servings!
Happy Birthday Jackelyn! I love you so much! I always have the funniest time when I am with you. Thanks for being part of my life and making it so much sweeter 🙂
Have a magnificent day!