April 2, 2012
Getting in the Mood…for an AWESOME Workout
I hope you’re happy and in tune with yourself when you exercise. It makes the movements more fluid, more energetic, and less strenuous. These past few days I’ve been in such a good mood and I owe it to the happy things that I’ve been doing and the happy people I’ve been around and the happy events that have been occurring. It made me wanna do a billion box jumps the other night…and like…I enjoyed it! Yea and I think I could have kept going but the gym was closing.
But no worries, even if you’re having a bad day…
Here are some tips on how you can get yourself all revved up for an awesome workout!!!!!
- LISTEN TO GOOD MUSIC: Having new, cool music on your playlist is very important because it keeps you EXCITED. You’ll exercise with more enthusiasm is you love the songs.
- EAT GOOD FOOD: Nourishing yourself with nutritious, healthy foods keeps your energy levels UP! You’ll also feel light and springy.
- PUT YOURSELF IN A GOOD ENVIRONMENT: Surround yourself around positive and motivating people that have the same goals as you, or at least are understanding of your healthy lifestyle.
- BE PREPARED:When you get to the gym, have a plan. Are you taking a class? Are you working out alone? Know exactly what you’re doing because it keeps you focused and you’ll feel like you’ve accomplished something when you’ve checked everything off the list.
- FIND AN AWESOME INSTRUCTOR: Having the right trainer or instructor lead you through a tough workout routine will make a HUGE DIFFERENCE in how hard you decide to push yourself. And how much you’ll enjoy pushing yourself.
- KEEP YOUR VISION CLOSE: Is there something you’re working towards? Weight loss? Muscle building? A faster time? If you focus on the end goal, it will take you right through your workout like ZOOM.
- GET ADEQUATE SLEEP: You need sleep to repair your muscles! So that you can use them to their max the next day. For most people this means 7-8 hours. (Ahhh, I know! I am guilty of not following this…but I’ve got 6 out of the 7 bullets…okay I’ll stop trying to justify)
Hope that helps! What are your tips for getting an awesome workout in?