August 21, 2015
Guess what!? 2 Cheap Clean Eats videos in 1 week! That’s right! Last time we made unusual foods in a waffle maker and this time, we are making EPIC BREAKFASTS!
Ok, let’s take a closer look at these gorgeous meals!
Waffle Taco–Yields 2 (serving size: 1 taco) (Paleo Friendly) – Gluten-Free
¾ cup almond flour
2 tablespoons applesauce
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 stevia packet
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup liquid egg whites
4 strips turkey bacon, cooked
2 tablespoons maple syrup, honey, agave or sugar-free syrup (optional)
1. In a bowl, whisk together all waffle ingredients.
2. Heat waffle iron to medium. Coat with coconut oil cooking spray.
3. Pour half the batter in the iron and cook until there’s no steam (about 4 minutes).
4. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. Re-coat iron with cooking spray.
6. Pour ¼ cup liquid egg whites onto iron. Cook for about 1 minute. (Eggs will cook quickly). Repeat with remaining egg whites.
7. Assemble the taco-sandwich by adding egg whites and two strips of turkey bacon to each waffle. Drizzle each with one tablespoon of syrup, if desired.
8. Cut into 4 pieces, and serve.
Net Carbs: 8g
French Toast Roll Ups–yields 2 (serving size, 2 roll ups)
2 slices soft white-wheat bread, gluten-free bread or low-carb bread, crusts trimmed
2 tablespoons light whipped cream cheese
2 packets stevia
2 tablespoons almond milk
1 tablespoon sugar-substitute
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Using a rolling pin, roll both bread slices very thin.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese and stevia. Spread on both slices of bread.
3. Line 8 raspberries along one end of the bread. Roll closed.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and almond milk. Submerge each roll into the egg mixture.
5. Heat a medium nonstick pan over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray. Lay each roll up in pan and roll to cook on all sides until golden.
6. On a plate, mix together the sweetener and cinnamon. Coat roll ups on all sides.
Breakfast Pizza–yields 1 (serving size: 1 pizza) – Gluten-Free
1 brown rice tortilla*
1½ tablespoons light whipped cream cheese
1½ tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon honey or agave
¼ cup blueberries
½ peach, sliced
4 strawberries, sliced
1 kiwi, sliced
1 tablespoon dried coconut shreds, divided
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, if baking the tortilla for a crispy crust. For a firm but softer crust, don’t bake the tortilla.
2. Place tortilla on a baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes or until lightly crispy. Let cool slightly.
3. Stir together the whipped cream cheese, Greek yogurt and honey. Spread over tortilla.
4. Decorate the top with fruit. Use a pizza cutter to slice into 4 pieces.
Net Carbs: 65g