April 5, 2012
DIY Racerback Workout Shirt Tutorial
You can print the above and place it next to you while you cut!
– Old t-shirt (I used my old college tshirt! We were Home of the Fighting Poets. Hahahahaha. How threatening :P)
– Pair of scissors
TIME: 15 min
1. Cut away the crew neck the sleeves and the bottom. For the sleeves, you will want to start at the shoulder (you decide how thick you want the strap to be) and cut straight into the chest area. Then curve. If you curve the whole way, it’s gonna look weird on you. If you have no idea what I am talking about, no worries, just follow the tutorial, you can always snip away later. Tr to follow my pictures.
2. Clean up the edges. Decide how low you want the neckline to be.
3. Turn the shirt to the back and make a narrower racerback. Then cut a deep V.
4. Take the bottom edge of the shirt that you cut off and cut the seams off so that you’re just left with fabric.
5. Stretch it like a maniac. This is fun.
6. You’re left with a really cool noodle thing. It’s really long too!
7. About 2″ above the bottom of the V tie a know with one edge of the noodle.
8. Wind it round ‘n round, then double knot it at the other end too. Cut off loose ends.
9. To make this a hi-low top, lay your shirt sideways and flat. Then starting at about 4-5″ from the front center of the shirt start diagonally cutting down til you reach the back. You’ll want to cut straight for a bit at the front center then start creating the diagonal or else you’re gonna get a weird arrow shape with you open up.
DONE! Start pulling at the fabric to make rough edges go curly and to make your tank longer.
Wear with a bright bra to make it pop!
Oh and be sure to be the first to pin this to Pinterest! GO!