We love cloud ✨everything✨ around here. It all started with the Cloud Hoodie, which I’m actually wearing as I write this. So when I saw Megan Sheley’s Blue Sky Smoothie with CLOUDS on the glass…of course I was immediately inspired to make my own version.
I decided to use matcha because I’d just bought some from Trader Joe’s to try. Then, I remembered reading about the Coconut Cloud Smoothie from Erewhon (you know, one of the pretty ones that cost $17). Matcha + Coconut sounded like a pretty dreamy combo…and it turns out IT IS.
The Coconut Matcha Cloud Smoothie ☁️
Yeah, those are clouds stamped on the glass. The actual smoothie is light and airy too, thanks to the whipped coconut cream. Like an actual cloud.
Can we look at the clouds again?
Did I add too many? I kind of got carried away.
One thing – I was hoping to use the whipped coconut cream for the cloud stamping, but it just wasn’t thick enough to hold it’s shape once I poured the smoothie in. I ended up using Greek yogurt, but I think most types of yogurt will work. If you don’t care about making the clouds (AKA you want to drink it and not just take pics of it), just swirl some coconut cream around the glass! Still so so pretty.
Let’s make a Coconut Matcha Cloud Smoothie!
Coconut Matcha Cloud Smoothie
- Handheld frother optional
*This recipe may contain affiliate links to products we use and love.
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt or yogurt of choice (optional)
- ¼ cup canned coconut cream chilled
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ banana peeled and frozen
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder or collagen peptides
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 handful spinach (optional)
- Sweetener to taste honey, monk fruit syrup, agave, etc.
- In a blender or with a handheld frother, whip coconut cream until light and airy. Set aside.
- Using the back of a spoon, stamp "clouds" on the inside of your glass using yogurt. Set aside.
- Add almond milk, banana, protein powder, vanilla, matcha, spinach, and sweetener to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour some coconut cream into the bottom of your glass, followed by your matcha smoothie mixture.
- Top with a drizzle of coconut cream, and enjoy!
Let me know what you think!
To get the full aesthetic, sip your smoothie with a glass straw or eat it with one of these adorable gold spoons. Optional of course, but still fun!
I hope you love this recipe! PLEASE tag @blogilatesdotcom with your pretty Coconut Matcha Cloud Smoothie pics! If you’re a matcha lover, you’ll love this Vegan Whipped Dalgona Matcha Latte recipe from Cassey too!