July 22, 2013
30 Random Facts About Me!
I thought it’d be nice to do a fun lil post for you to get to know me better! Especially for all the new POPsters joining our community. The last time I did this was on Tumblr like 2 years ago. So it’s time for a refresher! So umm…here we go!
1. I love dogs. My dream is to have a really mini baby doggy and a crazy huge mini horse style one. I want to walk them together. I want them to be friends. Reality is, I can’t even take care of my plants.
2. Cooking is my therapy. I love turning on some good, relaxing music, coming up with a recipe and putting it all together on a pretty plate for my friends to eat. It relaxes me to chop, stir, and listen to the sizzle on the pan.
3. I have one little sister. Her name is Jackelyn and she is an amazing fitness instructor too! She’s 4 years younger than me and we are best friends!
4. I lived in Boston for almost 2 years where I worked for a “real company” in a “real corporate” environment. Eew. So glad that’s over.
5. That job only lasted 9 months before I was like “SEE YA!!!!”
6. I actually sold clothes on ebay for a short amount of time to help pay for rent since I didn’t have consistent income anymore!
7. Drinking makes me go blind. No, like literally. So please don’t buy me a drink.
8. I can’t eat chocolate. The last time I had chocolate was in 1st grade when I ate a Milky Way bar and spit it out. My tastebuds are oversensitive and I can taste all the cocoa. To me, it tastes like medicine!! But don’t worry, we will make stuff on Cheap Clean Eats with Chocolate once I find a worthy taste tester 🙂
9. Ok this is weird. But since I can’t eat chocolate, I LOVEEEEE watching other people (my friends) eat candy bars, chocolate cake, and other things I can’t have “commercial style”. This is truth. My high school friends can vouch for that. Lunch at our table was very umm…interesting 🙂 Now do you understand why the “taste test” scene looks the way it does?
10. Oh!!! And very related to the whole chocolate debacle. I actually started a cookies and candies biz in middle school from melting down my Halloween chocolate and mixing it with caramel and milk for fun. I wrapped them in foil and actually got my classmates to buy it. My friends were my taste testers. This led to expansion into homemade cupcakes and buttercream filled cookies. People called em “crack cookies” because they were so addicting and thought I’d be the next Mrs Fields. LOL. I don’t even know how much sugar were in these things!!!
11. I was not with the “popular crowd” in school. But I wanted to be. (Didn’t we all?) I always felt like people didn’t like me very much. Never felt like I fit in anywhere so I just focused on bettering me. I studied hard to get good grades, I practiced hard to be the Varsity tennis team captain, and I always spent wayyyyyyy too much time on projects just to make sure they looked good. My pride was always in my dedication.
12. I love dancing! Especially ballroom/latin dancing. I love how svelte and sexy you can look while dancing in heels! And I love how the man actually has to know how to lead you. This aint no grinding up in da club. This is classy stuff.
13. My dream career was a little girl was to be a red carpet evening gown designer. I started sketching seriously when I was in 6th grade. I have over 100+ designs! I didn’t pursue it when my dad told me I wouldn’t make it. I was crushed.
14. I have 1 pet turtle. He’s really big and lives in a plastic tub in my parent’s backyard. I used to have like 7 turtles each named Teetle, Tottle, Tattle, etc…but they all died and I forgot who this one was so he’s just called Turtle.
15. I once had a motorcycle license!
16. This is my favorite number.
17. I can’t do Haunted Houses. There’s just no way. Hunger Games is too hard to watch.
18. I think that teleportation will solve a lot of problems. Why can’t it just happen!??
19. I’m really bad at doing hair. I’m so scared of teasing.
20. OMG bugs freak me out. Wait. Butterflies FREAK ME OUT!!!
21. When I was a lil baby, my mom cut my eyelashes because someone told me it’d make them grow longer. Yeah. My eyelashes are still short.
22. I secretly wanted to be a hand model.
23. My right wrist is actually injured from putting too much spin on my ball when I played tennis in high school. It still aches and I massage it every day!
24. I tried to start a book swap service in college and it didn’t work out.
25. I love taco trucks. Their tacos are legit.
26. Once my sister and I were asked to do a Michael Jackson impersonation dance at a wedding. We had fedora hats and studded gloves. The DJ brought a smoke machine. OMG.
27. I once ate so much tofu, brown rice, and green beans that I passed out.
28. I can out eat you. And your boyfriend too.
29. I can’t stand tiny boba. Please. Only regular size balls in my matcha bubble milk tea.
30. I didn’t start eating peanut butter until 3 years ago! I hated it before!
Ha ok! That was actually pretty therapeutic! Do you relate to any of these things? Lemme know in the comments below 5 random or weird facts about you!