Wow. I don’t remember when the last time was that I spent THIS MUCH TIME editing a video. Hmm, actually, I think it was when we filmed the Great Gatsby dance. Do you remember that? If not, click here to see the video. We went all over LA to film those scenes! I was dressed as a flapper and randomly people would stop and watch me dance and then clap and leave. It was like being a street performer. Haha.
Anyway, I have spent the last 3 days editing this “6 Unique & Exciting Ways to Eat Avocado” video. I really hope you like the style of this new Cheap Clean Eats episode. I decided to do voiceover and also make it more playful.
Here are the recipes featured!!
1. Avocado Toast
2 slices Ezekiel bread, toasted
½ tomato or 2 slices of roma tomato
salt and pepper to taste
Macros: 328 cals, 10g protein, 16g fat, 40g carbs
2. Baked Avo Egg (It’s an egg inside an avocado)
1 ripe avocado
2 fresh eggs
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2) Slice your avocado in half and remove the seed. Then take out about 2 TBS of flesh from the center, just enough for an egg to fit inside.
3) Crack an egg inside. Just make sure that the egg white covers the yolk! This is important so that it does not get dry when baking.
4) Now bake in the oven for about 10-15 min or until the egg is cooked. If you cook it too long, the whites will get chewy and the yolk will taste as if you hardboiled it. So watch carefully! Try to get it so that the yolk is a little runny. That’s how I like it anyway.
5) Season with chives, salt and pepper, and hot sauce if you’d like!
Macros: 448 cals, 15g protein, 38g fat, 28g carbs
3. A.B.C. Smoothie (Avocado – Banana – Coconut)
½ cup coconut water
1 cup baby spinach
1 ripe banana, peeled
½ medium avocado, peeled
4-5 pieces of ice
Blend and enjoy!
Macros: 299 cals, 5g protein, 15g fat, 42g carbs
4. Green Dream Wrap
2 Collard green leaves
1/2 cup Red cabbage diced
4 TBS hummus
½ roma Tomato
½ Persian Cucumber
1) First cut off the stem of the collard green leaves.
2) Then spread hummus and layer with the rest of the ingredients.
3) Roll up like a burrito, then slice in half.
4) You can dip with soy sauce or sweet chili sauce!
Macros: 365 cals, 10g protein, 27g fat, 30g carbs
5. Vegan Quesadilla
1 small roma tomato, diced
2-3 TBS of green onion or chives sliced
2 tsp. nutritional yeast
2 medium low carb tortillas
1) Smash your avocado and spread it out on one tortilla.
2) Then sprinkle with nutritional yeast (you can buy this at Whole Foods).
3) Add tomatoes, chives, and anything else you’d like inside. Then place other tortilla on top.
4) Put your nonstick pan on medium heat and let the quesadilla sit for a couple minutes or until it’s golden on one side. Then flip!
Macros: 290 cals, 12g protein, 18g fat, 27g carbs
6. Avocado Pudding
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon honey (you can sub Stevia to taste)
2 TBS crushed almonds
Blend your avocado, almond milk, and honey in a blender until smooth. Garnish with crushed almonds. You can totally chill it in the fridge too. This makes 2 servings.
Macros for 1 serving: 290 cals, 5g protein, 23 g fat, 22g carbs
Hope you enjoyed those avocado recipes! Which recipe do you want to try most? If you’re having a hard time choosing…let me give you a hint…try the quesadilla first! It is amazing! But I mean, all of these are :)