30 Days & 30 Stretches to Splits! #JourneytoSplits
Introducing your brand new 30 day challenge for July! #JourneytoSplits. I’m going to teach you how to get into the side splits in just 1 month. This will be a VERY REWARDING journey, however, you will need to show me that you are DEDICATED. Increasing your flexibility at this level TAKES TIME. A little every day. You will need to stretch for at least 10 min a day if you’re serious about getting into the splits in 1 month. But let me assure you right now that this feat is not impossible! Get excited because we’re going to get there together :)
SO HERE’S HOW IT’S GOING TO WORK:
1. First of all I want to know that you’re IN! So, everyday from today til July 1st, I’m giving away a set of Stretch Bands to a random POPster who has posted the above graphic on their Instagram! Make sure that you hashtag #JourneytoSplits and #Blogilates for your entry to be seen! Also follow @blogilates and @poppilatesofficial.
(If you don’t have an Instagram account or don’t feel comfortable posting on your personal one, just make a new one dedicated to your fitness! Feel free to use the words “POPster”, “POP”, or “Blogilates” in your username!)
2. Stick to the 30 days. Do not skip a single day. Promise? That’s how you’ll get into the splits. Every day I want you to post a picture of the pose of the day as a sign that you did your stretches. Hashtag #JourneytoSplits and #Blogilates.
3. Ok but here’s how this month’s challenge is different than The Stretch Project. Everyday I will need you to do stretches 1-5, your foundational stretches. You may not skip them. So, the first 5 days, you are doing the first 5 stretches! Then beginning day 6, you will just add one move on. So on day 6, you will do 1-5 and 6. On day 30, you will do 1-5 and 30. Get it? So you will do 6 moves a day beginning day 6.
4. How long to hold? I want you to hold each stretch for around 30 sec to 1 min per side. Total, each day you should spend around 10 min. stretching.
Yes, this is dedication! But, just like how I felt when I got into the headstand for the first time, it was PURE BLISS. You will feel so happy, accomplished, and just VICTORIOUS! Unlike losing weight or getting slimmer thighs, your goal is not driven by fitting into skinny jeans, societal pressures or vanity. It is genuinely for yourself regardless of what anyone else thinks. There’s freedom in knowing that.
At the end of each week on Friday, I will be announcing a weekly winner of a special gift from ShopBlogilates.com just for participating in the #JourneytoSplits! All the winners will be announced on @poppilatesofficial. Prizes will look something like this…
Featured clockwise from top left:
1. POP Pilates Tank, 2. Choose to be happy Mason Jar, 3. Train Like a Beast Slippy Shoulder Sweater, 4. POP Pilates Flat Abs Fast DVD, 5. Train Insane Booty Shorts, Choose to be Happy Crew Neck Muscle Tank.
Are you excited!!??? I am!! Let’s get this party started! Just post the pic and tag as many friends as you can. Let’s get everyone to get more bendy this July!