November 7, 2016|
Can you even handle these cute little tater babies? 😛
They’re slightly crispy on the outside and soft and potato-y on the inside. You won’t miss the real fried starchy ones AT ALL if you make this recipe. This is the ultimate tater tot junk food healthy swap!
The sweet potato adds a slightly sweet richness to them that regular tater tots don’t have, plus you get the added bonus of zucchini inside every little bite. These are far less fatty and carby than store-bought tots, so get to the store FAST for the 4-ingredients you need (yeah, that’s it!!) and then post for me to see, admire, and drool over…because mine are gone and I already want more!!!!
ZUCCHINI TATER TOTS
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: approx. 9 tater tots
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 55 min
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium russet potato
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of pepper
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel the potatoes and place in a large pot. Cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil over the stove.
- Keep at a low boil for about 25 minutes, or until just fork tender but lightly firm in the center. Drain and cool slightly.
- Shred the zucchini with a cheese grater. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt. Let sit 5 minutes, then squeeze out all liquid using a clean towel. Add to a large bowl.
- Grate the potatoes and add to the bowl with remaining salt and garlic powder. Add pepper to taste. Combine everything using your hands until well combined.
- Using a tablespoon, form small balls and then shape into tater tots. (You should be able to make between 36-38)
- Coat a nonstick baking sheet or parchment with cooking spray. Lay out all the tater tots and coat the tops well with cooking spray. Bake for 30-32 minutes. Serve with a low sugar ketchup or BBQ sauce.
Calories: 174 | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Net Carbs: 32g | Fiber: 6g
UMMMM OKAYYYYY. WHO WANTS TATER TOTS NOW.