Fresh Vegan Spring Rolls + Lifeproof Giveaway!
As you probably know, one of my most fave meals ever is the fresh spring roll! I’ve made these so many times and feel like I’ve perfected the recipe. I mean, I also grew up eating them. Cept when I ate em as a kid I filled my rice papers with mostly noodles and beef or pork. Nowadays, with some tweaks, I love having them as a healthy post workout meal. So full of nutritious veggies and lean protein from the tofu (you can use chicken, tempeh, mushroom etc.) Honestly the best part though is the satisfyingly chewy skin. You must go out and get some rice paper and try this. It’s so quick to make!
Watch the video to see how I made this…and also for a fun surprise at the end!
For spring roll…(multiple servings)
– rice paper pack
– block of tofu (seasoned with soy sauce, Stevia, black pepper)
– lettuce or any type of spring mix
– medley of veggies (I used carrots and purple cabbage in this recipe)
169 calories for 2 rolls
For sauce…(2 servings)
– 4 TBS of Hoison sauce
– 1/2 lemon
– 1 tsp Sriracha
135 cals for 2 servings
1. Chop all your veggies
2. Slice your tofu block into “steak fry” size
3. Fill your tupperware with some soy sauce (1/4-1/3 cup), Stevia (2 tsp), and black pepper (couple pinches)
4. Put your tofu steaks in the pool of soy sauce. Marinate for a few minutes.
5. Light your stove to medium high. Oil lightly. Place tofu steaks on. Pour rest of soy sauce over it. Let sizzle. Flip ater 3-5 min.
6. Fill a shallow plate with water. Dip your rice paper in – make sure all sides are wet. Lay flat on another plate.
7. Fill with veggies and tofu steaks. Wrap up like a burrito!!
8. Dip in your sauce and eat. YUM!!!
A serving costs about $0.75 when at the store it’s like $6.99! Big diff people. Big diff. Eat at home to know what’s going into your food, into your mouth, and also…to save $$!
Now for more fun stuff! It’s giveaway time! If you’re like me and LOOOOOOOVE taking pics of your food before you eat (it’s like my way of blessing the meal) then you need to seriously protect your phone from the dangers of the dining table!!! I mean seriously…ice cream, soup, sizzling platters…it’s a war zone for delicate technology! I was using the Lifeproof Fre case in this video and was sooooo scared to drop my phone and submerge it in water. K listen, true story: my screen was shattered for a couple months and I had just found some time to get it fixed like literally the day before I filmed this video. Costed me $120 just to change the glass so I really did not want to break it again. When we filmed, I actually dropped it in that water filled plate 5 different times, 5 different ways, from 5 different heights. Each time, my heart skipped a beat. But you know what? My phone was unharmed! Isn’t it great when products actually do what they’re supposed to do? So good.
The Lifeproof Fre case is designed to withstand underwater submersion which I think is OUT OF THIS WORLD!! I must test this and try to film an “Aqualates” video or something…what do you think? Anyway…I want you to experience this awesomeness too so I paired up with Lifeproof and we are giving away 5 iPhone Fre cases ($79.99) to 5 lucky POPsters!
Here’s how to enter:
1. Take a pic of your fresh spring rolls
2. Upload it to Instagram and hashtag it #cheapcleaneats AND #lifeproof (you need to do both)
You can enter as many times as you want! The contest is open to everyone, everywhere, any age! I will announce the winners right here on the blog next week on August 29, 2013!
Good luck! And be sure to follow me on Instagram @Blogilates.
Oh and nope I did not forget! The winner of last week’s giveaway for the Eat Clean Train Dirty top is…
POPster Sharon Lea!
Sharon, please email me at [email protected] and I will send this shirt to you immediately! Good luck everyone!
Much love forever and ever,