Have you ever made a mug cake?! It’s the perfect thing to make when you have a craving, but don’t really want an entire cake sitting around. And when a craving for cake strikes, there’s no time to make a complicated recipe, right?! If you’ve never made one, you have to try this recipe!
First, I have a little confession to make: chocolate cake is NOT my jam. Actually, I don’t really eat chocolate at all. The taste is just way too intense for me (I’m a supertaster – it’s really a thing!). But I know that chocolate cake IS most people’s jam, so I still wanted to take a stab at a recipe for a healthy but decadent chocolate mug cake.
This one is dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free and added sugar-free.
And you guys. I had my family try this one and they said it is GOOD. They’re brutally honest about what I cook so you can trust them! But obviously, I need your opinion too. So when you try this chocolate mug cake recipe, make sure to tell me what you think!
Okay… mug cake time!
Make This Decadent Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe!
MUG CAKE INGREDIENTS
- 1 Small Extra Ripe Banana
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1-2 Tbsp Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
TOPPING: 1/2 cup raspberries
- Combine all mug cake ingredients in a blender and mix until a batter forms. Pour into a greased mug or small bowl.
- Microwave for 60 seconds.
- Top with berries!
- Your cook time could vary, depending on microwave strength.
- If you prefer to use an oven, bake your mug cake in an oven-safe dish at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.