Does this frozen yogurt bark make you feel patriotic? When I see it, I immediately think about the 4th of July…which happens to be Monday sooooo perfect timing yeah!!??!
I think themed food (in color or occasion) is extra cute, and oh-so-festive. There’s an emotional connection to seeing food with our eyes and tying in nostalgia before taking even the first bite. So whether it’s patriotism, childhood wonder, comfort, party-time, Easter, New Year’s, GNO or a baby shower, be sure to go the extra mile and tailor your cuisine to match the event.
You’ll be so happy to know that this frozen yogurt bark (modeled after the not-so-healthy fancy white chocolate bark you’ll see in high-end stores) is remarkably healthy, easy, and can be made vegan or non-vegan. These are perfect for summer because they’re cold, slightly sweet and really refreshing with bursts of real fruit POWER! Yes- I believe fruit is the ultimate super-hero because it’s filled with antioxidants to beat down the bad free-radicals of life, plus, it’s so yummy! So in essence, this bark IS LIFE!
Prepare the pan and get ready to sprinkle!
FROZEN YOGURT BARK
Yield: 1 serving
Serving Size: full recipe
Prep Time: 5 min
Chill Time: 3 hrs
- 6 oz vanilla coconut yogurt (for vegan) or Greek yogurt
- 2 medium strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- Line a 7-by-3-inch loaf pan with wax paper.
- Spread yogurt evenly across the bottom. Sprinkle with the fruit and coconut and press some pieces in slightly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 3 hours, or until frozen. Break apart into bark using a knife, and serve.
Nutrition Info (Vegan Version):
Calories: 185 | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7.5g | Net Carbs: 30g | Fiber: 4g
Let me know your favorite holiday food to make in the comments below!