We can agree that nachos are one of the best appetizers that exist, right?! I used to eat them pretty rarely because honestly, the ones covered with chili and cheese are just too heavy for me and I always suffer later when I eat them.
But lately, I’ve been throwing together some amaaaazing Sweet Potato Nachos for lunch and I had to tell you about them! They remind me a little of the fun and pretty Sweet Potato Toasts I made 4 different ways!
These nachos are just as pretty, but full of flavor and ingredients that make this recipe great for lunch, snacking, or serving for a crowd. They satisfy my nacho craving without putting me on the couch later. 10/10 recommend.
Imagine a plate of perfectly crispy sweet potato slices, layered with black beans, cheese, shredded chicken, salsa, jalapeńo, and beautiful slices of avocado…
OMG don’t you just wish you could reach through the screen and grab some?!
I love how beautiful all of the colors look together. I also love how versatile these nachos are! I make mine with dairy-free cheese, and you can totally leave the chicken out if you prefer a plant-based recipe. Still delicious. Still packed with protein and fiber.
These Sweet Potato Nachos work really well for meal prep too!
Let’s Make Some Sweet Potato Nachos!
2 small sweet potatoes
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cumin
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
1 jalapeño (optional)
1 cup shredded chicken (option to leave this out for vegan nachos)
1/3 cup vegan shredded cheese (option to use regular cheese!)
1/4 cup salsa
1/2 avocado, sliced
Cilantro to taste, optional
- Wash, dry and slice sweet potatoes into rounds (thin = more crispy).
- Toss rounds in olive oil, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Place sweet potato rounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Try not to overlap rounds – we want them kind of spaced out so they can roast!
- Next, roast potatoes at 400 degrees F for 15-20 min, until they start to brown and get a little crispy.
- Once the potatoes are roasted, move them into more of a pile and layer on the beans, jalapeño, chicken, and cheese. Place back into the oven for 5-10 minutes to warm the toppings and melt the cheese.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and add your final toppings – salsa, avocado, and cilantro.
Serving Size – 1/4 of recipe
Note – Nutrition info is an estimate and may vary 🙂
Sweet Potato Nachos make an amazing app, lunch, or snack!
This recipe seriously comes in handy. Need another yummy way to eat more veggies? Try the Dairy Free Ranch Dip I’ve been obsessing over.
If you love healthy, simple recipes, you HAVE to check out the 90 Day Journey Meal Plans!
These Sweet Potato Nachos are honestly too pretty NOT to post about! So don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or let me know in the comments when you make yours!