November 2, 2015
Naughty Vegan Food Recipes!
I am so excited for you to see my new Cheap Clean Eats video because it throws out all of the misconceptions people have about vegan food tasting funky. That is not the case at all. You can eat meatless and you can eat deliciously. I took some popular foods recipes and veganized them for you in creative ways. I want you to make at least 1 recipe from this video. Open your mind and open your taste buds to a whole new world of cooking!
POPCORN CHICK’N (or tofu nuggets)
Ingredients for 3 servings:
1 block extra firm tofu
1/3 c whole wheat flour
1/4 c nutritional yeast
1 TBSP mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 c water
1 tsp chipotle seasoning
2 TBSP coconut oil
- Press tofu block with paper towels to get all the extra water out. You’ll want it to be dry so that the coating will stick. Let it sit with the paper towels while you make the batter.
- Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl minus the tofu obviously.
- Then pick off chunks of tofu and dip them in the batter.
- Put pan on medium heat with coconut oil.
- Lightly fry the tofu until crispy golden!
1 serving Popcorn Chick’n cal – 229 fat – 14g carbs – 15g protein -15 g
Ingredients for 4 taquitos:
4 whole wheat tortillas
1 ripe avocado
1/2 red bell pepper
1 c hummus
- Spread hummus on your tortilla.
- Cut up avocado and bell pepper into thin slices and place in the middle of the open tortilla.
- Roll up tightly.
- Slather with some melted coconut oil for extra crisp (but this is optional).
- Bake at 400F for 20 min or until crispy golden.
1 Taquito: cal – 219 fat – 12g carbs – 23g protein – 11g
CHICK’N CLUB SANDWICH
Ingredients for 4 servings chickpea salad:
1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
1/4 c chopped cilantro
2 TBS chopped scallion
1 small lemon
salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse your can of chickpeas so that all the liquid it was sitting in is washed away.
- Mash with avocado, cilantro, scallion, lemon, and salt & pepper in a big bowl.
- Place on a ezekiel bread (toasted tastes amazing) and top with another piece!
1 Chick’n Club Sandwich cal – 375 fat – 9g carbs – 59g protein – 15g
Hope you enjoyed these recipes! Which do you want to try most? And what should I make next time!?