October 25, 2013|
Today is the day I show you how to make my most FAVORITE dish when I go out to eat. And FYI when I go out, I love eating vegan – I just do. It is so creative, flavorful, and perfect. One of the loveliest places to meet a friend for lunch or dinner is Cafe Gratitude. There’s one on Larchmont and one in Venice – please go if you are ever in the LA area!
Above is a photo of my version of the “I am Terrific” kelp noodles at Cafe Gratitude. This plate is $13 there. I’m gonna show you how to make a serving for under $3! Watch my new episode of Cheap Clean Eats now!
INGREDIENTS (4 servings):
1/2 Cup Water
4 Stems Kale
Handful Sunflower Sprouts
1. Drain the kelp noodles and rinse in a bowl of water. Cut with scissors so that they start to fall apart. This also makes it easier to eat.
2. To make the sauce, mix the miso paste, peanut butter, sesame oil, and water in a blender.
3. Cut avocado into small chunks.
4. De-stem the kale then slice it thinly. Add to noodles.
5. Mix the sauce in with the noodles and kelp. Add the salt and pepper to taste. Then carefully add in the avocado chunks.
6. Make sure all is covered in the thick, creamy sauce, then serve on a plate and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
OMG seriously one of the most delicious things I have ever made. Creamy, crunchy, fresh, and BURSTING with flavor. This one is a WINNER. If Cheap Clean Eats could give out an award for Best Main Dish of the Season, it’d be this one. It tastes like restaurant quality food and can be made in under 20 min!
Please hashtag #cheapcleaneats when you make this so I can see how yours turns out. Let me know how you LOVE this dish. And also, what should I make next?
Thanks so much and have a FABULOUS start to your weekend!