December 16, 2016|
Today is the annual Blogilates Holiday Party and this year it’s an UGLY SWEATER PARTY!!!! We are almost all set up and ready to go. I will snapchat you guys while we’re setting up Prom Committee style…and then I will show you everything once it is all done and people start showing up! AHHHH SO EXCITED!!! It is my first Ugly Sweater Party ever!
Now, let’s talk FOOD.
Have you moved from pumpkin everything to cranberry everything yet? I love me some pumpkin spice, but cranberries only get one starring month: December. I feel like pumpkin season is pretty much October-all the cold months. But cranberries, not so much.
I just had to make something using these antioxidant power-houses since I spotted an organic bag of them on sale at Trader Joe’s, but of course, I wanted it to be healthy. The loaf I created is gluten-free and low carb because I don’t use any white flour or sugar. You can make it Paleo by using coconut sugar. I used Monk Fruit because it bakes just like sugar but without any calories. It’s non-GMO and easy to find on Amazon.
The absolute best part about the recipe is that you make it in the blender. I know! The blender! It’s super easy and combines two flavors I love together: orange and cranberry. The dense bread is really filling and only lightly sweet with little tart pops of cranberry goodness. The orange zest adds a lot to the flavor, so be sure to zest your orange! This recipe would be really good with sugar-free chocolate chips, if you like chocolate. Ok- Let’s get to the recipe!
LOW CARB CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD
Yield: 9 servings
Serving Size: 1 slice
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 40 min
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup orange juice (about 1 medium orange)
- 2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup monk fruit (or erythritol, coconut sugar or sweetener of choice)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover the bottom of an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Coat the paper and up the sides of the pan with cooking spray.
- In a large blender, add the eggs, vanilla, and juice. Blend on low for 10 seconds. Add in the flour, sweetener, baking soda, salt, and oil, and blend on low for 10 seconds.
- Pulse in the cranberries and zest until most of the berries have broken up slightly. They do not need to be blended fully.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 40-42 minutes. Cool before removing. Enjoy!
Calories: 256 | Protein: 9g | Fat: 22g | Net Carbs: 5g | Fiber: 3.5g
Ok gotta go get ready for the Ugly Sweaty Party!!!