The vegan cheesecake I had last night inspired me to make some of my own cheesecake this evening. Of course, I had to find a recipe that would yield a very low fat and low calorie dessert. This meant I had to find a recipe that DID NOT USE CREAM CHEESE! And no crust!
Don’t be scared.
It tasted phenomenal.
I kid you not.
1. Place all ingredients except for eggs in the blender or food processor and whip until the batter is smooth.
2. Now add the eggs and give it a few pulses.
3. Finally, add the fruits and gently mix them in with a spoon. Do NOT blend!
4. Spray the bottom of your pan with some cooking spray or lightly cover with oil.
5. Pour the batter in.
6. Place the pan into your oven which should be set at 350 degrees. The suggested time for cooking is around 30 minutes but check frequently to make sure the cheesecake does not brown or dry out.
7. When done, serve either super hot straight out of the oven or chilled in the fridge. Enjoy!
Here are my lovelies waiting to be put into the oven. OMG looks delightful!
The final product! I wish I could blog a smell because my kitchen was smelling heavenly!!!
I was very surprised, but the taste was delicious even though it did not have the same stickiness and density of a real cheesecake. I used nonfat everything so that also contributed to the texture a lot. I read that if you use lowfat cottage cheese and yogurt, the consistency will be less crumbly. I also think I could have left the cheesecakes in the oven a tiny bit longer so that they could hold better together. (My excited-ness made me take them out of the oven early.) Anyway, wonderful dessert and EVEN better nutrition facts! Each little square turned out to be only 33 calories!
Total recipe (391 g): 398 calories, 0g fat, 63g carbs, 1.7g fiber, 52g sugar, 38g protein.
Per square (391g/12 squares =33g): 33 calories, 0g fat, 5.3g carbs, 0.1g fiber, 4g sugar, 3.2g protein.
Recipe borrowed then modified from BakingBites.com