Sorry for being MIA for so long on the blog. Traveling really messes my schedule up and it’s hard for me to sit down and type. It is something I am trying to overcome. I was talking about this issue with my friends last night, and I never want to sound like I am complaining, but I do want to honestly share my thoughts with you.
Before there were like a billion different types of social media, my blog was my #1 place to share my thoughts, feelings, and basically anything that was going on in my life. I remember the days when my blog was hosted on Tumblr and it got so popular that Tumblr would crash every time I posted something that drove a ton of traffic. So then, Blogilates moved to WordPress. I was still blogging about 7x a week – in fact, I would not let myself fall asleep until there was a blog post up!
Now I find myself blogging when I find time, and that really crushes my soul! But the thing is, now that there’s Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, Twitter etc…there are SO MANY CHOICES for thought sharing that sometimes I get overwhelmed and find myself not sharing at all. Do you know what I mean? Sigh.
I am going to try my best to blog more, like I used to. Because this blog is my open diary and it is very therapeutic to write to you. And it’s nice to write to people who will actually read – unlike on IG where people take a look at the pic, and make a comment asking where I got my dress when it says it in the caption – LOL.
That was a major tangent!
Are you ready to learn how to make the best Cauliflower pizza I have ever tasted IN MY LIFE!!!! The crust does not taste cardboardy or bland at all. In fact, the texture tastes and feels like real bread! I am really excited to share this gluten free, low carb, vegetarian pizza and breadsticks recipe with you!
CAULIFLOWER MARGHERITA PIZZA
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 slice
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 min
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 425 grams, riced)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup mozzarella/parmesan blend shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly (optional)
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove stems from cauliflower and chop florets slightly. Place into a food processor and “rice” until it resembles short-grain rice.
- Lay cauliflower on a nonstick baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool slightly and then place in a clean dish towel. Squeeze out all liquid (you’ll only be left with about 1 cup of packed cauliflower rice). Increase oven temperature to 425°F.
- Place back into the food processor with the cheese, egg, almond flour, garlic powder and salt and pulse until it resembles dough.
- Using your hands, flatten dough onto parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet coated with cooking spray into an 8-inch pizza crust. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Spread tomato sauce and lay down fresh mozzarella. Return to oven for 5-6 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with fresh basil, top with tomatoes, and serve.
Calories: 89 | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Net Carbs: 2g | Fiber: 2g
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 2 breadsticks
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 45 min
- 1 large head cauliflower (425 grams riced)
- 4 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup plus 1/2 cup mozzarella or vegan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove long stems from cauliflower and chop any large florets. Place in a food processor and pulse to “rice” the cauliflower. You want pieces no larger than short-grain rice. Transfer to a nonstick baking sheet or parchment and roast for 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450°F.
- Place riced cauliflower into a clean dish towel and squeeze out all liquid (you might get as much as ½ cup!). Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in the egg whites, quinoa, cheese, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Line parchment paper on a baking sheet, and form a rectangle about 8-by-3-inches, and pat down.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, then top with remaining cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
- Cut into 8 sticks and serve with marinara sauce.
Calories: 111 | Protein: 11.5g | Fat: 4.7 | Net Carbs: 7.7 | Fiber: 4.2
And if you’d like to watch the fun YouTube video I filmed for this recipe, here it is!
Hope you guys enjoyed this! Comment below and let me know what your favorite pizza toppings are! If you love this recipe, I have more amazing clean recipes and a meal plan at the28dayreset.com.