These Truffle Crusted Chicken Tenders are perfect as a meal or appetizer while you watch the game. Make them in the air fryer to save time!
We love a good “hack,” and this Truffle Crusted Chicken Tenders recipe is all that and a bag of chips (or in this case, Trader Joe’s Parmesan Cheese Bites With Black Truffles)!
It’s not just the fact that this healthy, inexpensive recipe puts dinner on your plate in 20 minutes. This chicken is so crispy and full of flavor that you may never go back to making chicken tenders any other way.
My Go-To Game Day App
THIS is what you serve at your Super Bowl party. Trust me. Just work in batches and you can make a giant platter of these crispy tenders ready for a house full of hungry football fans.
Truffle Crusted Chicken Ingredients
The two main ingredients include Trader Joe’s “Oven Baked Cheese Bites With Black Summer Truffles” and their incredibly tasty Truffle Hot Sauce. Grinding up the crisps creates the perfect coating for the chicken.
Not only does it impart a tangy, crunchy and truffle-essence flavor, but it keeps the entire meal super high in protein. The dipping sauce is only mild in spice with a slight sweetness and more truffle goodness.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
If you’ve ever made coated chicken before, you know all about dredging and dipping in egg before coating with your crispy component. Usually that involves panko or some type of crispy breading. For this, you’re using the cheese crisps, which you’ll grind in a mini blender until fine, like sand.
After the first dredge in flour, the next step is a quick dip in egg. The last step is coating with your crushed truffle crisps. You can totally make these in a regular oven. Just bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until cooked through. But to cut time and make them even crisper, use an air fryer, if you have one, which is how we prefer to make this recipe!
Truffle Crusted Chicken Tenders
*This recipe may contain affiliate links to products we use and love.
- ¾ lb chicken tenders, about six
- 1 package Oven Baked Cheese Bites With Black Truffle
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 3 tbsp flour paleo baking flour (or g-free or all-purpose flour)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup Truffle Hot Sauce
- Pat dry the chicken tenders.
- Add the crisps to a mini blender and process until fine, like sand.
- Add the almond flour to the blender and pulse to combine, then pour into a shallow dish.
- Add the other flour (paleo, gluten-free, or regular all-purpose) to another shallow dish.
- Whisk the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge each chicken tender into the flour, followed by the egg, allowing excess to fall off. Then coat all side in the crisps.
- Coat an air fryer with cooking spray, add all the chicken pieces and set to 400 degrees F. Cook for 8 minutes. Remove and serve with sauce.
Are you a truffle fan?
Let us know if you make this!