Yay! It is the second day of the #28DayReset Challenge and I am feeling so good! Started my day with a workout at 7:15am and then made some fried rice for breakfast!
Wait, fried rice?
Yes, my parents used to make me and my sis fried rice for breakfast, so this is a normal thing 🙂
It was so delish and so fast to make! And get this…the rice wasn’t even traditional rice at all…it was cauliflower “rice”! Bet you couldn’t even tell from the picture huh? Many of you guys were asking for guidance on what to cook while on your #28DayReset Challenge, so I thought I’d show you what I was having.
Remember, while on the Reset, you will be eliminating the following from your diet for 28 days only:
- No dairy
- No gluten
- No added sugars
- No processed foods
- No alcohol
This will allow you to clean out your body. Then after the 28 days, you will slowly introduce one thing back in at a time to see what food sensitivities you may have. It is such a valuable thing to know your body, so I suggest you take the time to experiment and figure out your intolerances for yourself. If you want to download the free PDF guidelines, click here.
So if you’re not sure what creative things you can cook, here’s a lil inspiration!
28 DAY RESET FRIED RICE
Makes ~ 6-7 portions
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup boiled carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp of olive oil or sesame oil
- pepper to taste
- soy sauce or coconut aminos to taste
This is what the riced cauliflower looks like. Thank you Trader Joes! SUCH A TIME SAVER!!!!
- Peel carrots, then boil carrots until soft. If you don’t want to peel them then buy baby carrots! After cooked, chop in small cubes.
- Also boil the chicken breast until cooked. Chop in small pieces.
- In a wok or big pan, set heat on high, and add the oil. Throw the chopped onion in.
- In another smaller pan, scramble your eggs.
- Once onions are slightly golden, add the cauli rice into the wok and sautee.
- Then add in the carrots, chicken, edmamame (ok if frozen at this point), and eggs.
- Sautee around and add in soy sauce and pepper to taste.
Then…you get this beauty!
Totally ate it with some habanero sauce and nearly burned my tongue off this morning. Hahaha. I like kick. A lot of kick. It was good. Oh yah, and if you have green onions lying around, definitely top your fried rice with this. I didn’t have any on hand, but it’s something I usually always add!
Hope this helps with your #28DayReset Challenge! If you want more recipes, check out the official 28 Day Reset meal plan with over 150+ recipes! There’s also a very good plant based vegan version too.
How are you doing on the Reset so far?