I’m so excited for 2017 to begin because I’m starting to FEEL that fit-feeling buzz and people are beginning to get serious about fitness again! There’s always a natural trail-off Fall through Winter but Jan 1 is like the ultimate Monday of the entire year and I can’t wait to see everyone getting hyped up again!
I have to show you something guys. The prettiest pancake stack in the land. Are you ready? I’m not sure if you’re ready.
I’m obsessed with rainbow food, as you already know, and healthy pancakes are always on my mind. So, pairing the two seemed like a perfect match.
I took the “bigger is better” approach here…I mean you could totally make this for one or two people, but I decided to feed a crowd with it because, well, it just looks epic when it’s HUGE. You can cut my recipe in half to feed 3 people, or keep it the way it is to feed a crowd of 6 or more! Umm, it’s basically a cake.
RAINBOW PANCAKE CAKE
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
Prep Time: 15 min
- 1 1/3 cups almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups gluten-free dry oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 6 tablespoons of nut butter
- Fresh fruits of choice
- Low calorie natural syrup or drippy nut butter
- In a large blender, add the milk, applesauce, bananas, and eggs. Blend on low until smooth. Add in the oats and continue blending until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse in to combine.
- Heat a griddle over low-medium. Coat with cooking spray. Divide batter into 6 servings (it’ll be 1 cup each) and cook about 2 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Lay down one pancake and spread lightly with nut butter (this keeps the fruit in place). Layer with grapes (or any fruit of your choosing).
- Repeat the layering process, ending with fruit on top.
- Cut into tall slices, and serve.
Nutrition Info (not including fruit):
Calories: 403 | Protein: 16g | Fat: 16g | Net Carbs: 45g | Fiber: 9g
Who do you want to feed this amazing pancake-cake to?!!