Cauliflower Rice Recipe! (Lime-Cilantro flavored, as if we’re at Chipotle!)
Replace your rice with cauliflower and you’ve got an extremely low carb side dish with very little calories!
Here’s the recipe for the picture above:
1. Add the butter and the juice of two small limes to a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until melted.
2. Add the cauliflower to a pot, and steam until just cooked, approximately 5 minutes. Drain and keep warm in the covered pan.
3. Heat a non-stick saute pan over medium heat. Season both sides of each salmon filet with salt and pepper. Gently pour some of the lime butter over each side of the salmon, patting with your fingers, and then place the salmon in the pan. Cook for approximately 4-5 minutes per side, until the fish is cooked through and crispy on the edges.
3. While the salmon is cooking, use your ricing attachment on your food processor to grate the cauliflower. Add the cilantro, the juice of 1/2 lime, and some salt and pepper to the rice. Stir to combine.
4. Serve the cauliflower rice topped with the salmon. Drizzle a bit of any remaining lime butter over the salmon. Serve each plate with 1/2 lime to squeeze over the entire meal, if desired. The extra lime juice is highly recommended, because it really takes the lime flavor in this meal over the top!
Note: If you don’t have a food processer, use a grater or chop with a knife! To cut even more calories, just steam or bake your salmon and don’t use any butter.
Nutrition info for cauliflower: for one small head with a 4” diameter, you get 66 calories, 0.3g fat, 14g carbs, 5.2g protein, and 6.6g fiber!
Recipe borrowed from OurLifeInFood.com