Remember when everyone went NUTS over whipped coffee?! It was all over TikTok and I have to admit I was a little sad because I’m just not a coffee girl! Since I didn’t want to totally miss out on the whipped latte craze, I was determined to find a way to make an alternative.
And guys…I did it. I made whipped matcha.
It’s just as frothy and pretty as whipped coffee…just without the coffee! And it’s VEGAN!
Wanna know the secret ingredient?
Here’s how you make whipped matcha
Gather your ingredients:
- 1 can garbanzo bean liquid (ONLY the liquid)
- 1 tsp matcha
- 2-3 packets sweetener
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- Almond milk
Annnd make your beautiful whipped matcha!
- Pour the garbanzo bean juice in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer for 3-5 minutes, until stiff peaks form. This is called “aquafaba.” Such a fun name!
- In a separate bowl, combine your matcha, 1-2 packets of sweetener and hot water. Stir it up!
- Then, add the matcha mixture to the aquafaba and mix it up with a hand mixer.
- Grab a glass and fill it with ice and almond milk. Add more sweetener and stir it up.
- Finally, pour that matcha whip right on top of your almond milk!
View this post on Instagram