May 27, 2016
I just got off a 20 hour flight and am laying in my hotel bed blogging to you! Tomorrow (Sunday) I am teaching POP Pilates for the first time in Malaysia! I’ll be at the Zespri Sungold KiwiFest and looks like it’s gonna be a HUGEEEE class! I am SO PUMPED! I cannot wait to see you!
To fuel up for the event or any Blogilates workout, try making my new Cheap Clean Eats recipe for a healthy vegan taco bowl! Erin and I had so much fun putting this together because it’s super quick and SUPER DELICIOUS! Watch my new video!
VEGAN TACO BOWL
Yield: 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower (about 300 grams, riced)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of taco seasoning
- 1 black bean burger, heated and sliced
- 1/3 cup red bell peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup salsa, divided
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 of one avocado
- 2 tablespoons sliced olives
- 1/4 cup vegan shredded cheese (optional)1 tomato, chopped
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove stems from cauliflower and chop florets slightly. Place into a food processor and “rice” until it resembles short-grain rice. Lay cauliflower on a nonstick baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and taco seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Coat a sauté pan with cooking spray and add the bell pepper and onion. Cook over medium heat until soft and caramelized (about 5 minutes).
- Mix half of the salsa and beans together.
- Assemble bowl by adding the cauli-rice, black bean burger, sautéed vegetables and bean mixture. Decorate with avocado, olives, cheese, tomato and cilantro. Top with remaining salsa, and serve.
Calories: 423 | Protein: 23g | Fat: 19g | Net Carbs: 40g | Fiber: 22g
YUM YUM IN MY TUM TUM.
It’s 5 am and I am really hungry, jet lagged, and confused.
Blogging about food at this hour is not a good idea.
Anyway!! Let me know what recipe you would like to see healthified next in the comments. GOOOOO!!!!