WOW! I cannot believe the response from my Target model post yesterday! The article got picked up by HLN, ABC News, Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, Good Morning America and Perez Hilton just to name a few. Thanks to everyone for tweeting me and facebooking me that you saw it on the news in your country! I am so happy that now the general public knows more about how advertisers and media REALLY DO alter images to make models look even thinner than they already are in order to sell more clothes or more magazines.
Apparently when Target was approached by news sources, the rep said, “This was an unfortunate error on our part and we apologize. We have removed the image from our website.”
Yup the image was indeed removed Tuesday morning. Good thing I grabbed some screen caps before it was gone! I wonder what picture will be up next. It will be interesting to see how Target deals with this one. I really do hope that companies embrace the power that they have to DO GOOD. Sure the bottom line matters, but not at the expense of young girls’ views of what beautiful means. Because we keep getting bombarded with one type of look (a thin model body) we begin to believe that what we see on the covers of mags is what’s expected of us too.
Plus, who said that selling a bathing suit on a healthy, toned body would sell worse than a waif-like body? None is better than the other – the problem is when we begin to play the photoshop game.
Anyway! Today, I have a fun cooking video to share with you! My friend Taryn Southern stopped by the Quest kitchen to bake up some yummmmmmy Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches…and lemme tell you…they were DIVINE!! (And really cute)
2. Roll the softened bars out into thin sheets.
3. Cut the sheets into your favorite cookie shape.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 5 min or until crispy
5. Let the baked cookies cool.
Peanut Butter Filling:
– 2 tbsp peanut butter flavored protein powder
– 1 1/2 tsp to 2 tsp of Truvia or Xylosweet
– A pinch of salt
– 2 1/2 tsp non-fat plain Greek yogurt
– 1 tsp un-sweetened peanut butter
– 1/2 tsp water
Simply combine all of the filling ingredients and mix on high until uniform, 1-2 minutes should do.
Cookie sandwich time!
1. Spread the filling onto one cookie
2. Take a second cookie and gently press them together to make a sandwich.
Chocolate Coating (optional):
– 1 1/2 ounces (1/4 to 1/2 of a bar) of unsweetened chocolate (baking chocolate)
– 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
– 1 1/2 tbsp of vanilla flavored protein powder
– 1 1/2 tbsp Truvia or Xylosweet
1. Carefully and slowly melt the unsweetened chocolate. A double boiler at medium to low heat will work. You can also use a microwave at low level and in short time periods.
2. Warm up the heavy cream. It should be warm to the touch but not hot.
3. Mix the warm cream and melted chocolate together until uniform.
4. Add in the vanilla protein powder and Truvia and mix well.
5. Before it cools too much, drizzle or coat your sandwich cookies with the chocolate coating.
Macros (makes three cookies): 150 calories. 15g protein. 5g fat. 3g active carbs.
Yummy yummy yummy!!! Taryn and I ate it all!! Now, you may be thinking BUT WAAAIIITTT I don’t have any of these ingredients. NO WORRIES POPsters. I’ve gotcha covered!! It’s time to do a full cooking kit giveaway! Look 🙂
See that prize pack above? You don’t even have to think about what to buy because we will send it straight to your kitchen so you can make these cookie sandwiches with me! You’ll get 2 boxes of Quest bars, a jar of all natural peanut butter, Stevia, Ghiradelli chocolate, a duffel bag, a $25 gift card to buy the perishable things at your local grocery store, and the best part…the custom made peanut-shaped cutters!!! (Yea seriously, I would just enter for the peanut-shaped cutters)
24 HR FLASH GIVEAWAY!!!!
I’m gonna pick 1 lucky POPster to win the Grand Prize Cooking Kit and 5 lucky POPsters to win a full box of Quest Bars! So here’s how to enter:
1. Comment below and let me know what your fave YOLO food is.
The contest is open to everyone internationally and will end in at 11:59PM Thursday March13th. Comment as many times as you want to increase your chances! Once picked, we will send out your Quest bars immediately 🙂
Good luck and if you make this recipe, please show me!