- 1 banana
- 1-1.5 cup kale
- 1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt (vegans can sub tofu or soy yogurt)
- handful of ice
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper <—- yup there it is! (If it’s your first time having pepper in a drink, I’d start with a pinch and add more as you get more advanced)The spiciness in this drink from the pepper helps to raise your metabolism, and all the Vitamin C from the lemon and kale helps in the production of Carnitine which helps your body metabolize fat. Also, the banana provides a source of tryptophan which aids in relaxing your mind and lifting your mood. The protein in the yogurt keeps you full and ALSO, because your body takes 2x more energy to digest protein than carbs, eating more protein makes you burn more calories. This is great as a morning breakfast! Or whenever you need something to SUPERCHARGE YOU! Nutrition Facts: 232 cals and 16g of protein Share this and keep it close to you! This smoothie is seriously a miracle! ALSO!!!!
Yay!!! We have water bottles! It's so important to stay hydrated. A lot of us don't drink enough water, so now, you have no excuse. Drink to your heart's desire! Too cute not to right?
I was so excited that I stayed up late last night to do a lil photoshoot with these babies. I had so much fun naming their colors. Because each kinda looks like a translucent crystal, I named the colors of the bottles after gemstones. You can see all the colors here.These are actually blender bottles with little spiral balls to help you mix your protein powder smoothly. Aren't they darling? I felt like this lil guy needed his own portrait :) I want to thank you guys for always suggesting new product ideas. (I never thought I'd get into bottles!) It's not always the easiest trying to figure out how to design and manufacture new things. But it's not an impossible challenge. So again, thank you for your continuous flow of ideas! Anything else you want me to do for you, just let me know in the comments! Ready to design and tackle! Do you remember this Blogilates yoga mat that I handpainted before my first NYC meetup? Look at all your gorgeous signatures. You guys are amazing. After this, I got so many requests to actually make this mat for you guys...well you know Cassey. I take your comments very very seriously. So umm, after months and months or testing and development to make it as close as possible to the original, here it is guys!!! The Limited Edition Blogilates Yoga Mat.
Also, since so may of you have been doing POP Pilates or a while, I wanted to take your workout to the next level with a new toy. I use the Power Ring when I teach my classes and I've been wanting to show you guys my special routines for so long, but was afraid to because I know like 90% of you do not own a ring. So for the first time ever, I am releasing a piece of Pilates equipment to bring our workouts to the next level. This is super exciting because I'm ready to show you how you can tone your legs like CRAZY with this baby. Inner and outer thighs REALLY will get sore with the exercises I'm about to kill you with. Oh it's gonna be fun.
Also, the pads on the POP Pilates Power Ring say "TRAIN INSANE" on the inside! Oh and I'd like to make a comment about me on the box.
Umm, I'm on a box.Hahahahahahaha. I hope you enjoy :)
AH! I was just about to post when my friend Sarah from Sarahfit.com texted me this:
I have no idea why I am purple and why iJustine is blue but OMG cool!!!! Did anyone get this issue yet? I need to go pick it up. Thank you for growing Blogilates to what it is today. It's seriously all because of you. Also, I wanna thank Sarah for being an awesome friend over the past few years since I started posting videos on YouTube. She is an online fitness veteran and has really been genuine and trustworthy to me from the beginning! It's always nice to find truly good people in the field in which you work. I mean, the reason why I left my first corporate job was mostly because of how toxic the coworker relationships were. Life isn't about work or getting things done...it's about working together as humans.Love you guys! Please instagram your smoothie #cheapcleaneats after you make it so I can see! Yum yum! And lemme know which bottle and mat you like best. Your first Power Ring workout will be on YouTube next week! <3 Cassey
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (essential)
- 1 TBS vanilla protein powder*
- 1.5- 2 handfuls of iceThat's it! It came out so smooth, creamy, and heavenly. Tasted just like what pumpkin pie would taste like if it were smoothie-fied. When you make this, please #blogilates or #cheapcleaneats on instagram so I can see what you thought of it! Well! How do I say this...umm...I am working on creating a blend of delicious protein powder that's good for you and has the optimal ratios of protein, carbs, and fat for women. Of course, another one of my goals is to make this taste as delicious as possible too! I've had so many HORRENDOUS powders over the past few years that have tasted like chemical. Like metal. Like things that shouldn't even be allowed to be eaten. You know what I mean? So I've been working with special food chemists to come up with something that will satisfy me (and you) nutritionally and taste-wise. After reading all of your emails and messages regarding your concerns with protein powder, it seemed like there wasn't a protein powder out there that you really loved. It reminded me of the time back in college when I couldn't find a yoga bag I liked, so guess what I did? I made my own. And guess what we're gonna do now. We're gonna make our own!!! But this time. We're doing it together :) I've been in the lab developing tastes and textures alongside the chemists and it's surely been a new experience! But I want you to be there with me. If we're going to develop a great tasting blend with outstanding nutritional content together, I need you to tell me what you want. Last year you helped me design the first ever POP Pilates DVD cover and this year I want you to be a part of the protein powder design. Your input matters to me, because this is for you! Please let me know in the comments below: 1. What flavor you'd like. 2. Do you have a protein preference? Whey, soy, brown rice, other? 3. What ingredients do you NOT want to see 4. What should it be called!!? Yay! I am so excited that we are taking on this journey together! How cool is it to have an idea and then make it happen? I think it's gonna be awesome working with you guys. Also! Reminder that the Boston Meetup is happening next weekend! Click here to register for a free ticket. And if you're going, please apply for the POPster Inspiration Award! Love you! <3 Cassey
INGREDIENTS:vitacost.com which was A LOT cheaper than at Whole Foods or specialty tea shops. It's $7.19 for 25 servings. I've seen this sold for over $20. Ridic! As for the balls, these were a lot harder to find. I had to go out of the LA city area and into the suburbs to a 99 Ranch to get the balls. I went to like 5-6 different Korean and Japanese supermarkets in the city with no luck. I think you need to find one that is Chinese-run since this is a Taiwanese drink. The package of balls is anywhere between $1.99 to $2.99. I spent some time on Amazon to look for alternative options for you since you may not live in an area with Asian supermarkets. I found a pack of these boba balls for $5.13 and free shipping.
The ones in the video are white but boba balls come in a variety of colors! Pink, green, purple. Traditionally they are black like the ones above.
And while you're at it, add some large boba straws too! You have to have big straws to suck up the balls or it doesn't count. Don't even think about using a spoon. These are $3.04 for 40.
Or...if you wanna be clever...the next time you go to a boba tea shop and get a drink, grab an extra couple straws.
Well I hope you enjoyed my Healthy Boba Drink video!! I also have a question for you - can you answer this in the comments for me?
1. Do you prefer shorter music video style food videos for Cheap Clean Eats or the original talking ones? (Or some hybrid?)
2. Does it confuse you when I tell you how much the recipe costs per serving vs. how much it costs for all ingredients? How can I make it easier to understand?
I've seen a lot of complaints about how the recipes actually "aren't cheap" because you need to, for example, buy a whole pack of whole wheat flour for $6.99 but can only use 1 cup of it to make muffins. Therefore, some people are saying that it's cheaper to buy a muffin outside for $2. I didn't think I'd need to say this but I'm gonna say it...you need to invest in ingredients to save $ in the long run!!! Of course I can't buy 1 TBS of chia seed at the store for 8 cents, but I'm not going to tell you that this bowl of chia pudding will cost you $20 bucks just because I have leftover ingredients! That's silly. I calculate the recipes by serving because you need to think like that. If all the ingredients in the chia seed pudding can make 20 servings, then it's $1 a serving! You must buy in bulk to save $. Think Costco.
Ok that is it with my rant! I was getting a bit irked at all of the accusations of Cheap Clean Eats not being affordable because really, it is. In fact, any time you're making your own food at home, I guarantee that it is cheaper (and sometimes healthier) than going to a restaurant.
Alrighty guys, hope you are having a FANTASTIC START to #Novemburn! Did you figure out what all of the moves were for the 100 Challenge today? Here were the moves in case you didn't do it yet:1. 100 jumping jacks 2. 100 sit ups (NOT CRUNCHES) 3. 100 squats (go all the way down and all the way up…these are NOT pulses) 4. 100 criss crosses (make sure to pronate your opposite shoulder to opposite knee) 5. 100 bridge pulses (to make it harder, add a barbell, books, or weights on your pelvic area. Cushion with towels and hold with your hands) 6. 100 chest press pulses (keep those elbows together and make sure you’re going from shoulder height to nose height will pulsing)
How long did this take you? Make sure you execute each move with precision.
I'm getting ready for my POP Pilates DVD shoot tomorrow (oops, I didn't tell you?!) and am preparing my body and energy for a long day of working out! This is what I am drinking right now to detox and de-bloat so that I will look my best tomorrow. You should try it too...it's refreshing, yummy, and easy to prepare!
Here's how I prepare my Natural Belly Slimming Detox Water:
- 1-2 Liters water
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 10-15 fresh mint leaves
- handful of ice
Why this combo?
1. Cucumber: contains citrulline which is an amino acid that has been shown to help our liver and kidneys get rid of ammonia which is a by product of the proteins our bodies burn for energy.
2. Water: helps flush toxins and waste through our system while keeping us hydrated.
3. Lemon: stimulates the digestive track so it's helpful if you have constipation, heartburn, or gas.
4. Mint: helps you digest effectively because it improves the flow of bile from the liver to the gallbladder to the small intestine to break down dietary fats. It also helps relax cramped up stomach muscles.
5. Orange: contains flavonoids in the peel and juice that stimulate the immune system and protects against a fungi/pests while helping to reduce cholesterol levels.
By the way, when I say detox, I'm still eating! Clean and light so I can feel energetic and look awake tomorrow! I'm avoiding anything too salty because that will retain water and make me look puffy. You can prepare the water the night before so that when you wake up, it will be flavorful. I also don't leave the fruits in the water for longer than 24 hrs. By that time all the nutrients will be in the water anyway. PLUS you want to prevent any sort of bacteria or mold growth.
Hope you guys give it a try. And you can drink this all the time - not just for photoshoots or special occasions. It makes water drinking a lot more tasty actually!
And!! New video for you!
MINI BAND GIVEAWAY DIRECTIONS:
1. Wear a headband, any headband.
2. Take a selfie.
3. Upload the pic to twitter, instagram, and or facebook, tag me @blogilates and then hashtag it #minibandselfie.
That's it!! I'll pick 3 Blogilates Mini Band Winners next Monday Feb 10, 2014!! This contest is open to POPsters worldwide, any age, and you can enter as many times as you please. Good luck!! You can check the bands out by clicking here.
I hope you guys are enjoying your #FEBUREADY Workout Calendar so far! I really like the combos I did this month...full of "Total Body Tortures", HIITs for ultimate fat burn, and amazing muscle toning sequences. New POPsters, you can get the password for the calendar by signing up for my free newsletter. And if you start it and feel it is too hard, no worries, try the Beginner's Calendar to build strength!
#FEBUREADY PROJECT: Make an Inspiration Board - due Feb 7th!
I've been SOOOOO loving your inspiration boards so far! They are colorful, motivating, and beautiful! This month I wanted to do something different and have us all do one project together. The Inspiration Board or "vision board" is a great way to put a focus on what you want most so that you can achieve it. The point is to keep your goals close so that you can envision seeing them...and then eventually you WILL make them happen!
1. Just collect pics and quotes of things that inspire you to live your best life.
2. Upload it to facebook, instagram, or twitter and tag me @blogilates and use the hashtag #blogilatesboard.
3. The project is due on Feb 7th. On that day you must also comment on AT LEAST one POPster's board. This will help you make friends and help the whole Blogilates Community get closer!
Alrighty guys! Super love ya! Gonna go choreograph some moves for the DVD shoot tomorrow. Will instagram from the set in the morning...it's gonna be cold. I am scurred. Really scurred.
Detox Water for Craving Control & Beautiful Skin
- 1 to 2 L of water
- 1 lemon
- 5 strawberries sliced
- 1 apple sliced
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- handful of ice
*Cinnamon: improves circulation, thins blood, and manages blood sugar levels. Results in fewer sugar cravings so you eat less and can control calorie intake.
*Apple: vitamin c also known as absorbic acid synthesizes collagen which can help your skin look better. It also helps repair and maintain bones and teeth and helps heal wounds swiftly.*Strawberries: help fight carcinogens and contains anti aging properties such as biotin and antioxidant ellagic acid which helps prevent sagging skin. *Mint: helps to improve digestion and gets rid of stomach cramps. *Lemon: stimulates the digestive track and helps with constipation. Yesterday I had a MAJOR YOLO meal that I've been planning for weeks now since I was eating super clean for my book cover photo shoot and my DVD shoot. I invited my friends out to have the fattiest burgers, hotdogs, and fries I've ever tasted! Look:
Here's the recipe for the Natural Belly Slimming Detox Water:
(for one 24 oz serving)
- 3-5 slices of fresh cucumber - 1/2 small lemon sliced - 1/4 of orange sliced - a few fresh mint leaves - 24 oz of ice cold waterWhy does this work? *Cucumbers prevent water retention and also have many anti-inflammatory properties. *Lemon provides the cleansing effect of citric acid to help clear out the digestive syste *Oranges contain flavonoids in the peel and juice that stimulate the immune system and protects against a fungi/pests while helping to reduce cholesterol levels *Mint helps the body digest more easily and it also soothes any stomach cramps you may have. Keep in mind that the more you refill your jug, glass or bottle with the same fruits, the more diluted and less nutrient-dense the fruit becomes. So I would recommend that after 2 or 3 refills, dump it and replace with fresh cuts to make sure you get all the vitamins and minerals you need. I also wouldn't leave the fruits in there for more than 24 hrs before changing it. Because I am sooooo into detox waters right now, I knew that I had to create a bottle that would help make it easier for you to keep hydrated throughout the day. So that's how the Detox Water Bottle came to be! Each bottle comes with a translucent matching lid and an infusion "fruit cage" where your fruits and veggies will stay. The star shaped filter will help keep the fruit in place and it'll make it way easier to drink. There's 2 more recipes I want to share with you since I'm so obsessed...check it out:
Detox Water for Craving Control and Beautiful Skin (click to see recipe)
Anti-Aging and Anti-Bloat Detox Water (click to see recipe)
I hope you found these recipes helpful! All the Detox Bottles are available on www.shopblogilates.com!
Remember...if your urine looks like lemonade, you are DEHYDRATED. If it looks like lime juice, you're in the clear and doing well. Drinking more water IN GENERAL is better for you and will help flush the nasties out of your body the more you drink. You'll also feel lighter and your body will be able to perform at it's best potential when it's well-fed and it's thirst is quenched.
Let me know what recipes you want to see next on Cheap Clean Eats!! Thank you for your enthusiasm for this show. I'm so happy you like it :)
RECIPE for 1 serving:
- 4 large strawberries (plus 1 to top with!) - 2 tablespoons of non fat Greek yogurt - 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder - 1/2 banana - 1/2 cup of skim milk - 5 ice cubesNUTRITION FACTS: If you make these, please tag me on Instagram @Blogilates so I can see it! Now when I say tag, I mean tap the picture and tag me. When you write a caption and put for example "@blogilates this was yummy" I don't see your post. You can do that and also use the hashtag #blogilates too. That way I will not miss it for sure! I wanna be able to see your photo, like, and comment on it :) Well have a FABULOUS start to your LAST week of #reJUNEivate!!! What do you want to call next month's calendar? Any ideas for July? <3 Cassey
Blueberry Bonanza Protein Shake
- 1 handful of blueberries
- 1/2 banana
- 3 TBS nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 5 ice cubesJust blend it up! Ultimate yumminess. If you don't do dairy, you can also sub the Greek yogurt for soy yogurt or coconut yogurt but the protein content will most likely drop. You can replace it with some vegan protein powder if you wish! Hope you have an AMAZING START to the week! Remember, it is not too late to start on the July Workout Calendar! Click the July Calendar to print your workouts for the month, custom designed by me to help you lean down while building strong gorgeous muscles! You should also download the FREE Blogilates App to access all the videos plus recipes in the palm of your hand. Okie dokie POPsters. Share with me your accomplishments on Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #blogilates! I would love to see what you're up to. I mean, someone's gotta keep you accountable right!!?? Love you, <3 Cassey
CINNAMON ROLL PROTEIN PANCAKE
INGREDIENTS for 1 serving:
- 1 scoop protein powder (I like GNC Vanilla Whey Protein Powder)
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk (may need more depending on protein powder you use)
- 1 tablespoon non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter extract (optional...but it's butter flavor for 0 calories!)
- 1-2 packets of Stevia
For Cream Cheese frosting:
- 1-2 tablespoons of fat free cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 packet Stevia or other sweetener
40 g protein
52 g carbs
3.5 g fat
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE SHAKE
INGREDIENTS for 1 serving:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I like GNC Vanilla Whey Protein Powder)
27 g protein
28 g carbs
4.7 g fat
Pineapple Protein Greens Smoothie
- 1 banana - 1 handful of spinach - 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries - 1/2 -3/4 cup pineapple juice - Scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder - 4-5 ice cubes
And finally...here's a sneak peek at what I snapchatted today! (Follow at Blogilates if you haven't already. So many BTS videos and fun, silly things!)Indeed that is quite a big flower. Today I got all glammed up for a magazine cover shoot and they put me in some super fashion-y gear! I was so afraid and so not sure if my face could handle the gold glitter makeup and if my body could pull off the crazy clothing combos. (I usually stick to browns and neutrals for my face.) Luckily though, the stylists and makeup artist were very very good at what they did. And you know what? I was pushed out of my boundaries and survived. But not only survived...I think I thrived!! I ended up getting comfortable with being uncomfortable and truly owned my look. Speaking of owning looks...I had to practice a lot of "serious face" poses. It was QUITE A CHALLENGE. Or should I say...I am quite CHALLENGED in serious face. Ha. But I think I did it! We will see I guess! I had so much fun at the shoot and cannot wait for you guys to see the final cover. It should be coming out next month! Woohooooo!!! Okie dokie, well that is all for today! Love you so much! <3 Cassey PS: Keep ROCKIN' #ROCKTOBER! Get your free workout calendar here if you haven't already.
1. Tropical Passion Smoothie
- 1/2 banana - 5 strawberries - 1 c chopped pineapple - 1/2 c almond milk - 1 large peeled orange - handful of ice
Macros: 216 Calories, 2.8 g Protein, 3.8 Fat, 50.7 g Carbs, 5.2g Fiber
See more of the Never Ever Give Up jar.
2.Green Dream Shake
- 1/2 banana - 2 kiwis peeled - 1/2 ripe avocado - 1 c coconut water - small handful of baby spinach - handful of ice
Macros: 346 Calories, 6.7 g Protein, 14.5g Fat, 57g Carbs, 10.4g Fiber
3. Very Berry Smoothie
- 5 strawberries - 1 c fresh blueberries - 1 large orange - 1/2 c almond milk handful of ice
Macros: 164 Calories, 2.8 g Protein, 4g Fat, 47.8g Carbs, 5g Fiber
Check out the Choose to be Happy jar.
4. Peanut Butter Banana Shake
- 1 ripe banana - 1 TBS natural peanut butter - 1 c almond milk - 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder - 2 handfuls of ice
Macros: 390 Calories, 29.2 g Protein, 17.1 Fat, 41.1 g Carbs, 6 g Fiber
Get the Train like a Beast Look like a Beauty jar.
Hope you enjoyed these recipes! The creamiest, most YOLO tasting one is DEF the Peanut Butter Banana Shake! The most refreshing - the Tropical Passion. It legit tastes like the Caribbean Passion at Jamba Juice (which is my favorite flavor btw)!
I also love filling these jars with water. They hold a whole 3 cups inside them (so deceiving) and I end up staying so hydrated (and peeing so much, haha) because I keep sipping away as I am working at my desk. The reusable straw is so cool!!!! Plus for long drives, it's so easy to take smoothies along for the ride :)
Ok well let me know which one you want to try! I'd love to hear it. Also, show me pics once you try my concoctions. I would totally love to see them.
Brains & Beauty Detox Water
- 2-3 slices of orange
- small handful of blueberries
- 5 mint leaves
How does it work?
- Oranges: They contain flavonoids in the peel and juice that stimulate the immune system and protects against a fungi/pests while helping to reduce cholesterol levels.
- Blueberries: They are the antioxidant champions in charge of clearing free radicals from the body that cause disease and pre mature aging. It also as promotes brain health!
Fountain of Youth Detox Water
- 2 sliced strawberries
- 1 sliced kiwi
Fat Flusher detox water
- 2 sliced strawberries
- 1/4 lime (washed well and sliced)
- pinch of cinnamonHow does it work? - Strawberries: see above - Lime: Lime juice actually helps stimulate and regulate the digestive track, so it's helpful with constipation, heartburn and gas. - Cinnamon: This helps improve circulation, it thins blood, and manages blood sugar levels. Results in fewer sugar cravings so you eat less and can control calorie intake. I got a lot of comments on where I got the bottles on YouTube, so if you're not sure, you can get them on shopblogilates.com! Have a beautiful day and I will see ya tomorrow for your next workout video. Hint hint: we're getting tank top ready :)
SUPERFOODS BEAUTY BOWL
(you can get this at Sprouts or Whole Foods)
1 cup frozen mango chunks
1 cup frozen raspberries
½ cup almond milk
1 teaspoon stevia
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
1 tablespoon Goji Berries
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 mango chunk, diced
4 raspberriesDIRECTIONS 1. Blend frozen Pitaya, mango, raspberries, almond milk and stevia together. 2. Top with goji, flax and chia and decorate with mango and raspberries. WHY IT WORKS Dragon Fruit: The Pitaya is more commonly referred to as the dragon fruit. It’s a natural source of anti-oxidants which help to prevent the dangers of free radicals which can cause cancer and other undesirable health detriments. High in Vitamin C and fiber. Mango: Research has shown antioxidant compounds in mango fruit have been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers. These compounds include quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methylgallat, as well as the abundant enzymes Raspberries: Berries are very rich in antioxidants, and getting more antioxidants from natural sources is a great way to help boost your metabolism. The antioxidants contained in berries promote better blood flow, which helps your body build stronger muscles. The more muscle your body has, the more calories it will burn. Flax seeds: Omega 3’s to combat inflammation. Chia Seeds: It contains calcium, manganese, and phosphorus, and is a great source of healthy omega-3 fats. Goji Berries: In Asia, goji berries have been eaten for generations in the hope of living longer. Over time, people have used goji berries to try to treat many common health problems like diabetes, high blood pressure and eye-related problems.
Calories: 346 Protein: 9 grams Net Carbs: 40 grams Fat: 9 grams Fiber: 21 gramsTo see all of my Beauty Bowl recipes, please watch my latest video that I just uploaded! I get a lil cray here...so prepare!!!
Are you ready for Labor Day!? I have no idea what I'll be doing but if you're planning a party, then be sure to make these cute frozen fruity balls! They double as ice cubes and extra flavor for your water!
Aren't they the cutest? :D
All you need is a grab a melon baller and your favorite fruit and let's get started! You can even throw in a splash of red by using watermelon, if you want!
FRUITY FROZEN CUBES
Serving Size: 8-10 balls
Prep Time: 10 min
Chill Time: 4 hrsIngredients: