May 3, 2014
Baked Almond Butter Banana Boat! Vegan + Paleo friendly!
New Cheap Clean Eats recipe! I made this one night when I was craving bananas and nut butter but didn’t want to eat them as a frozen sandwich or lukewarm…so I baked it…and it was amazing. It was even more epic when I let the ooey gooey creation sit in a warm bath of creamy almond milk. Yes yum. Completely paleo, gluten free, and vegan! A super simple, inexpensive, and uber delish dessert. Give it a try:
Baked Almond Butter Banana Boat
– 1 ripe banana
– 1 TBS almond butter (peanut butter ok too) – I used Justin’s Maple Almond Butter
– 1/2 cup of almond milk
– dash of cinnamon
– stevia or honey to taste (optional and only if extra sweetness is needed)
1. Split the banana in half and fill with almond butter
2. Wrap in a foil like a hotdog and put in the oven at 375F for 15 min
3. Warm almond milk in the microwave for 1 min
4. Place the banana boat in the almond milk
5. Add a dash of cinnamon on top!
6. You may also add stevia or honey to the almond milk if you need it to be sweeter.
Hope you like! Show me your creation if you make this by hashtagging your pic #cheapcleaneats on Instagram or twitter! Would love to see!
PS – The Dietbet Weigh-in starts May 4th and the game starts on May 6th! I hope you are all signed up and ready to begin your 1 month weight loss journey! Bet on your success, change your body, and make some money all while following this month’s workout calendar and clean eating meal plan. You’ve got this! Click here to sign up!
PPS – Many of you were asking where my playsuit is from so I just wanted to let you know that I got it at Whitefoxboutique here. I’m a huge fan of Australian fashion! Always so feminine and flattering. Whenever I do non-workout videos I always get super excited that I can wear girly clothes 🙂