My Grocery Shopping List

Here are foods that I recommend in a healthy diet. Obviously you shouldn’t try to get THEM ALL at the same time. Try not to keep fresh fruits and veggies in your fridge for over a week. They will lose basically all of their nutrients. So buy small and buy often, unless you have a huge family that can eat really quick!

You can print this out and take it with you to the grocery store – I love Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and all farmers markets. I also shop at Asian food stores for special veggies and things that I cannot find elsewhere.

VEGETABLES:

so fresh & delicious

• Broccoli
  • Green beans
  • Asparagus
  • Baby carrots (dip this with PB, so good!)
  • Tomatoes
  • Cucumbers
  • Romaine lettuce
  • Baby spinach
  • Onions
  • Red pepper
  • Mushrooms (all kinds! and this really should be under fungi)
  • Seaweed
  • Sweet potatoes
  • frozen edamame, shelled (you can get this at Trader Joes or Asian food markets)

FRUITS:

• Any that are in season!
  • Try to avoid too many dried fruits as you can easily overeat them and consume way too many sugars
  • Bananas – I ALWAYS have this around in any season
  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries
  • Mangoes
  • Cantaloupe (did you know that a whole one is only 188 calories?)
  • Honeydew
  • Nectarines
  • Avocados

GRAINS/BREADS/NOODLES:

GREAT SOURCES OF PROTEIN:

• Egg whites, I buy liquid egg whites so I don’t have to waste the yolk
  • Chicken breast
  • Tofu
  • Tempeh
  • TVP textured vegetable protein
  • Seafood: white fish, salmon, scallops, canned tuna in water
  • Lentils
  • Black beans

NUTS/SEEDS:

• Ground flax seed
  • Raw unsalted sunflower seeds
  • Roasted and unsalted almonds
  • Pitaschios
  • Freshly ground unsalted peanut butter from Whole Foods (you must try the grinding machine! so cool!)
  • PB2, the greatness of peanut butter without the fat, only 45 cals for 2 TBS versus 200 cals reg. PB

DAIRY & DAIRY SUBSTITUTES:

• Non fat or low fat 1-2% cottage cheese
  • Non fat plain greek yogurt
  • Almond cheese (my latest discovery at Whole Foods, I love it, and yes it does melt)
  • Almond Breeze almond milk, unsweetened vanilla
  • Laughing cow cheese wedges

SUPPLEMENTS:

• Vanilla whey protein – I don’t have a fave one that I can recommend, but try to find one that is low in carbs and sugars, preferably under 3g each in every scoop. Each scoop should have at least 20g of protein!
  • Other options are soy protein, rice protein, pea protein, egg protein, hemp protein, and casein

EXTRA FLAVOR & SAUCES:

• Salsa in place of ketchup
  • Sriracha (OK, just kidding, I don’t REALLY recommend it as part of a healthy diet…but I do love it. Nothing wrong with a little spice to make you drink more water and to raise your metabolism, right!?)
  • Lemon – try to squeeze it on top of anything from baked chicken to sushi.
  • Mrs. Dash seasoning
  • Tabasco sauce
SWEETENERS:
  • Stevia
  • Honey
  • Ground cinnamon
  • Medjool dates

LOTS & LOTS OF WATER!!!

Comments

1. Arianne says:

Hi Cassie! A big thanks for all your work out videos. I so love them. I hope I can also religiously follow the meal plans that you have created. I am also a sriracha fan and is so happy to see it on your list (plus the mushrooms! Anyways, I think you got the sriracha pic from this other site that I also like. http://theoatmeal.com/comics/sriracha :)

Again, Thanks for the positive energy!

2. After scanning grocery shelves for pb2 I finally found it at walmart. Yes, I’ve looked before they must’ve added it for some reason. So i was so excited to get it! I added the water. It looked like peanut butter!! Even more exciting. *Taste* hmm… its nutty.. not as sweet as regular peanut butter.. I thought of adding stevia but haven’t yet. Pb2 doesn’t have the best taste but if you’re willing to sacrifice to save 155 calories then it is worth it.

3. Cassey,
    I like this list that you are sharing here. It is healthy.
    There is a free app that is right for you and your followers. It is called FoodSmart from http://www.whealthysolutions.com. It is a free app and works iphone and Android.

You can create your own lists on the app and enter your products. Whenever you run out of items from the list you can add them back easily to your active shopping list. You never leave your notes at home.

You can find the health ranking of each product – here is the ranking for broccoli http://www.whealthysolutions.com/app/?ProductId=u014500012951

In addition we provide a list of product it is recommended to buy organic and other products you can save money by buying non-organic.

Try it out and let us know how you like it.

4. Shelly Reynolds says:

Cassey I have made protein shakes made with egg whites, silk milk, natural peanut butter, and half of a banana (little one eats the rest) but I fee guilty drinking it…. Its really good but is it healthy? -Shelly

5. I heard that eating bananas can actually put weight on you. I think it had something to do with it being a starchy fruit. Is this true?

• Addition to comment: I have looked it up online but I seem to keep getting mixed answers.

• I have irritable bowel syndrome and my doctor told me not to eat bananas, because they slow down your metabolism

6. hi I follow your blog and would like to buy some food products that we don’t have in FRance such as the unsalted peanut butter…any recommendation?thanks

7. Ugh, I can’t stand yogurt and cottage cheese (I think it has to do with the fact that I got sick one time after eating too much of both as a child) Should I work on trying to like them, or just eat something else (healthy) instead?

8. Casseyyyy!!!! I have a big problem. I eat less during breakfast and lunch and for dinner, I eat alot!!!!!
    I dont know why maybe because I feel tired? from travelling??> :) help please, <3

9. Abigail says:

Hey Cassey!(:
    I’m 13 years old so when you post all of these healthy food, should i follow it? I asked my sister and she said it’s differnt for my age because i need a lot of carbs or something? What would you recommend for my age?

10. How much do you usually spend for all of it?

11. de Sousa Anna says:

Hey Cassey!!
    I’m from France, and I think you are amazing!!
    I discovered your blog and I really have changed my way of seeing food, I mean I was really paranoiac about food… always stressing about what can I eat or not.. and because of that I was eating really bad!! So THANK YOU CASSEY!
    I love your videos, I love gym but as many ppl I was not enought motivate to start and U appeared, like a miracle lol!

I have anyway a question, I really want to get my goal but I don’t have space enought at home to conserve my food (fridge too small, kitchen really small…) so I need your help.. what is your advice to have essentials nutriments/food? essential kitchen tools for eating clean as you with these conditons? Other thing… many of your recipes is with PROTEIN POWDER, there’s anything else to replace that? because it’s really expensive.

Despite all that, I am happy now thank of you!

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

Anna

12. Anonymous says:

Hey Cassey! First of all, thanks so much for all the hard work you put into all aspects of your blog to help get and keep us fit.
    I was wondering what your opinion is on sweeteners. Some people say that any sugar whatsoever is bad and to always use sweeteners.
    Others say artificial sweeteners can make your body retain fat.
    Then of course there are the sweeteners like Splenda which says it is made from sugar (and thus i suppose healthier) or Stevia, which is from a plant.
    Should I use Splenda, Stevia, Agave, Honey, Maple? I mean, I don’t NEED sweet taste,but every now and the it’s very satisfying. =P I am kind of confused on this issue…..please help!

13. Hey Cassey, or anyone!
    What are your thoughts on coconut milk? Nutrition-wise?

14. Hi Cassey!
    I was just wondering what i could do since i am a really and i mean REALLY picky eater.
    Anything helps

15. Love this list!! Thanks so much for sharing Cassey.

This actually inspired me to create my own clean eating grocery list: http://www.akanshaagrawal.com/clean-eating-pantry-essentials/

16. Heather says:

First, I want to say THANK YOU so much from the bottom of my heart for all of your inspiration! I am so thankful for yo! :]

I have been exercising with your videos for the last three weeks–mostly your Pop Pilates and I am LOVING it! I feel wonderful in every way! However, I’m having difficulty with the diet part of all of this. I got lots of snacks at Trader Joes and I’ve been eating lots of fruit but I have lots of issues because I don’t really have access to a kitchen where I am. You see, I’m living on my own but I’m renting a room from someone and sharing their kitchen. They don’t mind if I use it but I don’t have too much space in the fridge and I have NO kitchen tools because he doesn’t have any room for that stuff… And my schedule is pretty scattered so I usually am not home to cook. Also, I work at a fast food place and it is SO hard to fight the cravings! I’ve been using the myfitnesspal app and have gone over on my calories EVERYDAY because my meals keep ending up so spaced out and then I just eat like a gluten at the end of the night! :[ Before I would buy lots of frozen meals because they are just SO much more convenient for me but I know that’s not all that great. And it’s just so expensive to eat healthy and I don’t really have the money to spend on fish and all that although I’d love to! Do you have any suggestions on what I can eat if I can’t cook? I would REALLLYY appreciate the feedback! Thank you for your time!

• Hi Heather,

Kudos to you for trying to make a healthy lifestyle for yourself even though you aren’t in the healthiest environment. I can’t even go in fast food places. I just can’t, otherwise I start wanting everything. If in the unfortunate circumstance I am forced to go there, I keep a list of approved items in my car for every fast food place. Some place I could find anything, but most places seem to have some sort of salad with grilled chicken on it and a lowfat dressing. But I try to use very little dressing. Some people dip their fork into creamy dressings and then get lettuce.

So since you said you bought frozen meals in the past, I say get lots of frozen veggies. Frozen veggies have the same nutritional value as fresh and they taste better than canned IMO. Also, they are pretty cheap. I buy the kroger brand at a buck a bag when they go on sale. Forzen veggies are super easy too. Put them in a bowl with a tiny bit of water cover with a plate or paper towel and pop them in the microwave for a minute or so.

Next thing would be whatever fresh veggies you buy like lettuce, bell peppers, cucumber, celery carrots, etc… chop it up ahead of time and put it in little bags. If they are for snacks through out the week separate them into individual servings. I pack lunches and snacks the night before because I have to leave early, but find a time that works for you. If the chopped veggies are for salads, dinner or lunch, I put all the little baggies in a bin in the fridge and when I make salads I just take what I need. Much faster than everyday trying wash, peel, slice, chop, and then do dishes.

I also think you should check out this video of Cassey’s http://www.blogilates.com/recipe-index/healthy-quick-easy-school-lunch-ideas . It totally inprired me to make healthy wraps for lunches. Putting the spread on first like she does is genius! You get less, but it’s in every bite. I don’t know where she gets those cute little sweet potatoes, we don’t have anything like that in my area. I found out that my regular store mislabels yams as sweet potatoes. They are very different and the sweet potatoes are better for you b/c they have less carbs, but more fiber. Anyway I cut and steam all mine for the week on Sunday so they are ready to pop in the microwave later. Cassey said something are cooking them in a microwave, maybe you can google how.

For protein I’m eating a ton of egg whites and hard boiled. I separate because it’s cheaper than buying liquid egg whites like egg beaters. Eggs are the cheapest protein Cassey has on the meal plans. I buy 1 pack of chicken a week (for me and my husband) and when I cook it for dinner I use one skillet and microwave the veggies and I make an extra portion chicken for the next day’s salad. I also buy ground turkey, which is a little bit cheaper than chicken. And if you buy the value pack of chicken, you can put each piece in a bag and freeze them. Thaw them by putting in the fridge for 24hours. I don’t buy the fish too pricey and my husband hates it. I get the big big size of lowfat greek yogurt (Fage 2% add a tiny bit of real honey and it’s a dessert really help me to eat it before bed so i don’t get any cravings) and cottage cheese (i know i should do fat free, but i’m just not used to it yet.)

I hope that helps a little. It took me a few weeks of experimenting to get my routine down, so don’t give up! You can do it!

Last thing, I kept gaining weight when I first started using my fitness pal which was a while before i started following Blogilates. It had over calculated how many calories I needed. I found this site to be really helpful. http://www.webmd.com/diet/calc-bmi-plus I took the calories it told me and manually entered it in myfitnesspal.

The other site I found helpful is http://nutritiondata.self.com/ It has all kind of nutrition facts on it. You can search any food and it give you a lot more info than just calories and I like the diagrams.

Best of luck to you!
      Emily

17. I love your grocery list! Really helpful. I try to eat at home as much as possible but I still live with my parents so its hard to control what is bought on grocery trips. I miss dinner several nights a week because of my job as well. Are there any food places that are your go to when your forced to eat out? I’m fairly thin so weight isn’t my problem, but I do want to put good healthy food in my body. I’m also working on muscle building so I want lots of protein. Any ideas?!
    Love your blog and POP Pilates!
    Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully giving me am answer!!!

18. Dear Cassy, Dear All,
    I have 2 questions.
    Does edameme has less carbohydrate than lentis and black/white beans? The same with Sweet potatoes vs normal potatoes.

Can i have both for dinner or only for lunch after my workout?
    Thank you!!

• Sweet potatoes are way healthier. Check out this site http://nutritiondata.self.com/ You can compare lots of different foods. Also my store labels yams as sweet potatoes even though they are totally different nutritionally. So be careful. IDK about the beans and edamame, but that site will tell you. I know that edamame is higher in protein than any other bean, so it’s carb to protein ratio is better than other beans. They are also high in estrogen which recent research says has some other side effects, especially for males, but you have to eat lots and lots of it for anything to happen. It’s still being researched last I heard, but I still eat edamame all the time.

19. Love your page. I have always been into working out but eating clean is a huge problem especially being at university. Thanks for the shopping list. I have decided to go one week at a time so I am going to make a mostly clean grocery list to go supermarket for today. Stay as genuine as you are and don’t allow LA to change you!!
    xoxoxo

20. Love your webpage! Such cool Stuff.

;0)
    Jennifer

21. Trader Joe’s Vanilla Whey Protien powder is a must have – smells and tastes like a toasty malted milkshake!

Also, I think your list should not discount the benefits of healthy fats (i.e. avocado, coconut, wild Alaskan salmon, etc.). All too often, brain food is not considered in fitness food! Our brains & bodies need healthy fats.

22. I don’t understand why you buy all the “non fat” stuff. Cause that surely is not “unprocessed”, is it? I mean, what about the healthy fats that are good for your body? Not trying to critisize you here, I have just been wondering lately …

• the only low or non fat stuff she has listed is dairy, and no that’s not processed. that just means skim milk is used in place of whole or 2%. the fat is removed but that doesn’t mean it’s processed.

• I agree and just posted a similar comment…our brains need healthy fats. Avocado, nuts, coconut, etc.

23. How do you feel about agave nectar/syrup as a sweetener?

24. Is there any other sauce type things that are healthy excluding spicy or salsa as I have gastric reflux and get bad heartburn from them :( thanks xx

25. Just tried the carrots and PB, the combo was ah-mazing! Thanks for the tip, also for having a great meal plan. I love how the carbohydrates don’t go over 130g if your following the non-vegetarian track. This helps me out a lot concerning pre-diabetis.

26. hahaha I put hot sauce on everything i mean except sweet stuff :) big bottle of Sriracha gone about 3-4 weeks

27. I use Truvia as a sweetner. Do you recommend this?!

• I love it as well!

• Stick to stevia extract (you can find it at whole foods or trader joe) because Truvia is not as natural as everyone thinks. It has 4 grams of carbs per serving (stevia extract only has 1 gram) and it is made with GMO corn (erthyritol) acetone, methanol, ethanol, acetonitrile, and isoproponal.

28. Trader Joe’s brand “Valencia Creamy Salted Peanut Butter” was linked to an outbreak of Salmonella Bredeney.

29. Hi Cassey,

i just recently stubled over you vids on youtube and L O V E them!
    i haven’t had so many opportunities in trying your work out, because…because, well i don’t know – work is sometime just so exhaustsing. i think you know what i mean.
    i stopped with Volleyball (i played 12 years) 2 1/2 yaers ago after i moved together with my boyfriend. Beginning of this year we moved from Germany to Austria to work here. It wonderful here and the FOOD is very good (but fatty) a lot of ham and stuff like this. After visiting my parents this July, where i went on the scales (my boyfriend is refusing to by one :’( *buhu*) for the first time in half a year i nearly died: i gained 11 lbs (5kg)!!! I’m now 132 lbs (60kg) and 5’7”. this is maybe not much but because of me stopping with sport everything just got a little bit flabby and our of shape. you know people say Austria is the gate to the Balkan (so the east european countries) and the Balkan-girls are all soooooooooooo skinny and pretty (very depressing). So i fugured i have to do something to feel better for myselfe and also to be again more attractive for my boyfriend (you really tend to get lazy once you have somebody at your side..). So i was really happy about me finding your vids and I’m determine too start again!!! So thanks sooooooooooooo much for motivating me and keep up with your good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =^_^=
    Lots of love from Vienna

P.s. to all not living in USA and want to try the Miarcle Noods just google “Shirataki” (that’s the Japanese name for the noodles) + your hometown and you’ll find an asia shop having them. In Vienna the shop is called Nakwon ;-)

• i’m a vegetarian and i’m lactose intolerant ( so pratically vegan) i love tofu. in my coutry we have coconut tofu, banana, etc. it is awesome.

• Shelly Reynolds says:

hey what does tofu taste like? banana chicken? So confused… My toddler wont eat anything.

• whoa sorry! didn’t mean to reply to your comment. just sayin’ would not make sense. but then again i don’t make sense either

• Tonya H. says:

Thank you, Cady so much, I found a place in VA that has the noodles! Thanks!!

30. I am taking the cheddar cheese, mozzarella and fattier cheeses out of my diet because of the fat content and opting for high protein low fat cheeses like low fat feta or low fat cottage cheese. Do you eat feta? If no why not?
    I don’t have a TON of milk, just some in my coffee/tea, but I was wondering why you switched to almond milk? It doesn’t look like you’re lactose intolerant, so is it somehow better for you than regular milk?

• Virginia Webster says:

Cheese is fatting period. I’ve cut that out of my diet a bit and it seems to help. Almond milk tastes way better then regular milk and also everybody’s diet is different. Just saying.

• Cow milk…. whether it be skim, whole, fat free… has a lot of sugar (lactose) Almond milk can be bought unsweetened and it has a lot more calcium than regular milk. We aren’t physically meant to drink cow milk. And if you use it to make smoothies.. you can’t taste the difference. I looove almond milk! I really need to try the almond cheese she’s talking about.

• it has les calories fat and carbs. it has more fibre( by one gram, but it is still more). and like virginia webster said it tastes way better. i’m lactose intolerant so this is a great substitution.

31. Hi Cassey!
    I was wondering if you know where I could find a recipe to personally make those miracle noodles since, even on the website, they don’t see in my country……
    I’d really apprciate it!

32. Never apologise for Sriracha. Ever. There’s a bottle of the stuff right next to the computer as I type this!

33. Cassey, you are amazing! I had everything planned out to lose weight the unhealthy way, but you inspired me to eat right and exercise instead! I am also vegan, and this list opened my eyes to a lot of different ways to get protein. Not to mention the Miracle Noodles and the PB2, which are just really cool. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you; you are truly an inspiration! :)

34. Lizzie Thompson says:

Hey Cassie! I’m a college student and my friends and I totally love your videos! We do them every day and it’s a fun way for all of us to workout together. We were wondering if you could give us some tips on eating healthy in college… we have to eat in the cafeteria and the food choices aren’t always the most healthy. What can we do to make sure we’re eating right on our meal plans?

35. Adriana says:

Do you take any vitamins?? If so (or not), do you recommend any??

LOVE your site and videos. You are sooo funny. Always make me laugh during workouts!!

Thaaaank you!

36. I noticed that you didn’t mention agave. Is stevia better for you? I’ve tried agave but not stevia, so I know nothing about it.

• Agave still has sugar but it is less processed than sugar or stevia, great for diabetics or anyone watching their glycemic index. Stevia extract is also a great option but not Truvia (more processed and made with GMOs. don’t get them confused) Any kind of (“natural”) sweetener should be used sparingly. I try to stick to two stevia packets a day and that is plenty! I also have agave but I save it for baking since stevia isn’t the greatest option.

37. This is the greatest shopping list–all foods that I love! My mom can’t eat refined carbs (white rice, bread, noodles) at all because she has very unstable blood sugar (diabetes runs in both sides of my family–phew!) so we always have Ezekiel bread in the house because it’s the only kind she can eat! I’m only eighteen now but knowing my family history, I’m putting my health first to try and avoid having the same health issues as my older relatives.

38. Christine says:

Hey Cassie!

Totally just stumbled onto your blog (gained 3% body fat and in desperate need of motivation!) and I love it! Thanks so much for taking the time to post all of these great workouts and foodie tips!

Have you ever tried About Time whey protein? It’s incredible – 1g carbs per scoop, 25g protein (I think!), 100 cals…and totally clean! I’m not a rep for the company or anything but it’s the best protein powder I’ve found and it comes in a bunch of awesome flavors. You should give it a shot (they sell single-serving samples): http://www.tryabouttime.com

Thanks again for the much needed motivation!

39. This is my first time on your site (found it thru Pinterest) and I love it! I will be ordering some PB2 this week- yum! Also, your ten minute exercise videos are perfect for me. I will be able to fit them in throughout the day and supplement with my walking and running routine. Thanks! :D

40. This is great help for I trying to find just the right foods to eat better with that actually taste good. I have been eating a lot of high fiber foods and lots of yogurt and fruit through out the day. Also eat chicken and fish for my proteins for dinner. It’s nice to see I am pretty much doing the right thing and I am on the right path =) I would just ad one more AMAZING veggie to your list and that is an artichoke. This is a GREAT source of antioxidants and is one of the best veggie’s to eat. I have about 2 a week with dinner with a lemon sauce….. AMAZING!!!!

41. SO! My PB2 came in the mail yesterday. The first thing i did when i got home was make a PB2 and blackberry jelly on a slice of rye! It was the most wonderful thing that i have ever had! I missed peanut butter so much! Thank you darling. I wouldn’t have found it without youz!

42. My top choice for fruit is grapefruit as they boost your metabolism and have double dose of vit C than oranges . Also they are very juice and refreshing. Cassey,u should add kidney beans in protein section, they are great. How about garlic? Very powerful condiment. I think you also forgot your sweet potato, great for post workout meal.

43. I wish there was a whole foods were I am the peanut butter looks great!!!

44. I just stumbled upon your workouts and LOVE them! This is a great list too but I would caution that ‘baby’ carrots are actually not healthy for people or the environment. They are full sized carrots that have been mechanically cut and treated with a chlorine solution before packaging. You’re much better off buying, eating, and chopping full-sized carrots.

• for real???? oh dear! i give my son baby carrots. :(

• Don’t worry! There is a difference between baby carrots (which have been harvested while they are still small and are supposedly sweeter and more tender) and ‘baby-cut’ carrots (big ones that have been cut into a small size and sometimes treated). If you’re buying whole baby carrots that look just like miniature carrots you should be fine!

• While baby carrots are not quite as nutritious as whole carrots they are not bad for you. Whole carrots are healthier because a lot of the vitamin are located in, and just under, the skin of the carrot which has been removed from the baby carrot.
      The chlorine that is used to disinfect the carrots is quite dilute (no more than in our tap water) and is therefore of no harm to humans. They also undergo vigorous washing after the application of the chlorine to get rid of any residue.
      For more information go to http://www.carrotmuseum.co.uk/babycarrot.html and scroll down near the bottom.

• Thanks for the informed info, I’d been avoiding baby carrots (the only kind we keep in the house) but now I feel comfortable eating them again. Yay for vitamins and healthy carbs!

45. i thought eating a banana is like eating 3 portions of rice?

46. hm… being a vegetarian almost my whole life (until recently…) i’ve used a lot of chick-peas in my cooking. i soak and boil them myself and everything from scratch. i’ve used them instead of pasta, potato etc. made patties of them and what not. and then the other day i read somewhere that chick-peas are not good for your diet since they contain so much carbs…. whaaat!? does anyone know if this is true or not? *looking at my bowl of chick-peas i thought boiling*

• Where did you read this information? Chick peas are a whole food! They aren’t my favorite… but from my understanding (i’m currently working on my bachelor’s in nutrition btw) anything in it’s whole natural form is good for you, whether it has carbs, sugar or fat. Eating chick peas with natural whole carbs is a lot better than eating a slice of “low” carb bread. Should you eat them for every meal? Probably not. But having a serving of them daily will surely be more healthy for you than eating low carb bread or any other refined carb.

47. O_O That little bit of calories for a cantaloupe? -waits till they go on sale-

48. What brand of cottage cheese do you buy? I’ve never had it before but I’ve been meaning to try it and I know some are iffy on flavor/texture so I want to give it a fair shot haha. Also, I love optimum nutrition 100% whey gold standard vanilla protein powder, and I’d highly recommend it. Its so good in smoothies or just by itself with water or milk!

49. This might be a silly question – I’m trying to cut out artificial sweeteners but I NEED my morning coffee and I can’t do it black. I heard Stevia was a great alternative and saw that you have it listed. Can you explain the difference between Stevia and the brand Truvia? I thought they were the same, but stevia isn’t on the ingredients list of the Truvia packaging even though they claim it’s made from the stevia plant…..

• nooneytoons says:

i have done ALOT of research on this and i hate to say it, but truvia is not really the same. its a better alternative than splenda but it is not the same as pure stevia. i would recommend pure stevia as it has no effect on your glycemic index and is better than agave, sugar or any artificial sweetener. the problem with these artificial sweeteners, besides not being natural, is that they clue your mind to thinking that calories are coming, and then there are no calories, so it actually stimulates the appetite. sometimes stevia can be overpowering, i rec the liquid kind. u can find at healthfood stores, i like the brand KAL pure stevia extract. just a cpl drops works like magic. good luck!! :) Noha Fathy, MD

• Hi there – I use a brand called “Krisda”

1. […] Alright babies, it’s almost summer and it’s time to shed that winter coat! You’ve heard me harp on the importance of meal planning over and over again, but just as important is a grocery list! Just like you’ve heard peeps say “don’t go to the grocery store when you’re hungry,” don’t go to the grocery store when you’re list-less! Knowing what you need as oppose to what you want is a sure way you will leave the grocery store without buying a bunch of icky foods with extra salt, fat and cals. One of my fave blogs- Blogilates wrote out a fab listing of a ton of healthy options to grab on your weekly grocery trip! Check them out here. […]

2. [...] blogliates.com Dieser Eintrag wurde veröffentlicht am Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2012 um 1:53 pm und getaggt mit [...]