Zero Carb Flax Bread
Ingredients - 2 cups flax seed - 5 egg whites - 2 whole eggs - 5 tablespoons flax oil, coconut oil, or olive oil - 1 tablespoon baking powder - 1 teaspoon salt - 1/2 cup water - 3 packets SteviaDirections Mix all dry ingredients then add the wet. Whisk together and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. This recipe can also be made into muffins: divide batter into muffin pans and bake for about 10-15 minutes. A sweet chocolate bread can be made by adding Capella Flavor Drops. Some other awesome additions are pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and protein powder flavor of choice. Great topped with almond or peanut butter! Nutrition info per serving (1 serving/1 slice) 145 cal, 11 g fat, less than 1 g carbs, 6.5g protein Yes, heavy on the cals in my opinion (but it’s coming from the flax seed). If you want less than a carb per slice, here’s your answer! Recipe borrowed from: http://www.theezwhey.com/page1/page1.html
- 8 egg whites
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, fat free
- 4 scoops Any Whey protein powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup splenda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple drained or applesauce
Optional (not included in cal calc)
- 2 tablespoons raisins — optional
- 2 tablespoons almonds — or walnuts, optional
1. Combine Egg Whites and next 7 ingredients (Egg Whites to Cinnamon) in a blender. Blend in a blender. Gently fold carrots, pineapples, nuts and raisins.
2. Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling 3/4 full. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan immediately.
Number of Servings: 14Nutrition info: 71.9 calories per muffin. 0.5g fat. 7.6g carbs. 1.1 fiber. 8.5g protein. Recipe from SparkRecipes
- 1 cup quick oats oatmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 TBS sugar-free strawberry preserves (or you can use honey)
- 1 TBS of apple sauce (or you can use vegetable oil)
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk (or regular milk)
- optional: dash of vanilla extract and touch of cinnamonDIRECTIONS: 1. Place everything except for the apple sauce and soy milk into a blender. 2. Mix the milk and apple sauce thoroughly. Then pour into the blender. This prevents uneven lumpiness and spots of random sweetness in the bread. 3. Set the oven to 350 degrees. 4. Spray bottom of your pan or muffin tray with cooking spray. 5. Pour the batter in and then place in the oven! 6. Should take about 20 minutes, but constantly check. Bread will be done when you puncture with a fork and no goo sticks to the prongs of your fork. 7. Enjoy with some jam and low fat butter! Yum! The ingredients in my blender. What a wholesome medley! Look at that dough! I actually ate some off of my fingers. It was THAT good. The aroma somehow took me back to childhood when the days were so carefree… Ding! My bread muffins are done! A dozen! NUTRITION FACTS: Total recipe: 848 calories, 104 cals from fat. 12g fat. 165g carbs. 21g fiber. 7.7g sugar. 32g protein. Per muffin or slice (assuming you cut/divided into 12 pieces): 71 cals, 9 cals from fat. 1g fat. 14g carbs. 2g fiber. 0.6g sugar. 3g protein.
CINNAMON ROLL (1 serving):
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein)
- 4 TBSP of egg whites (or you can use 1 egg, calculations based off of egg whites)
- 1/2 TBSP water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp splenda or stevia (I calculated calories with splenda)
FITNESS FROSTING (1 serving):
- 1 heaping tablespoon of Chobani nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- a tiny pinch of splenda or stevia to taste (I calculated calories with splenda)
1. In a coffee mug, mix protein powder, egg white, water, cinnamon and sweetener till blended well.
2. Place in the microwave for about 45 seconds. The batter will rise a ton so make sure you keep an eye on it so it doesn’t spill over. If it is not ready when you take it out just place in the microwave again for 10 seconds at a time until firm.
3. Flip over onto a plate and cut in 2!
4. For the fitness frosting, simply mix your Chobani greek yogurt, sweetener and vanilla extract together until smooth. Then top your little guys.
5. Sprinkle with a little more cinnamon on top for the Cinnabon effect.
6. EAT!!!!NUTRITION FACTS: 194 cals, 0.7g fat, 6.9g carbs, 2.2g fiber, 37g protein (whoa amazing!)
(Makes 1 loaf or about 16 muffins)
-3 med bananas smashed -2 eggs -1/3 cup no sugar added applesauce -1/2 cup honey -1 tsp vanilla -1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour -2 tsp cinnamon -1 tsp nutmeg (sometimes I use pumpkin pie spice) -1/2 tsp salt -1 tsp baking soda -1/4 cup hot water -1/2 to 1 cup walnuts (desired size, crushed, chopped, or whole)
DIRECTIONS:Preheat oven to 350F In a large bowl… 1-whisk honey and applesauce together 2-add eggs one at a time, mixing well 3-stir in bananas and vanilla In a separate bowl… 4-mix/sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg 5-add to large bowl of wet ingredients 6-stir in baking soda and hot water 7-fold in desired amount of walnuts 8-spread batter in greased 9x5 pan, muffin tin (or other choosen pans) 9-bake 60 minutes for loaf, 18 for muffins…or remove when top is brown and toothpick comes out clean NUTRITIONAL INFO: (used Spark People Recipe Calculator) Amount Per Serving Calories 168.1 Total Fat 6.0 g Saturated Fat 1.3 g Polyunsaturated Fat 2.4 g Monounsaturated Fat 1.6 g Cholesterol 112.4 mg Sodium 116.1 mg Potassium 157.9 mg Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g Dietary Fiber 2.6 g Sugars 12.1 g Protein 6.4 g Vitamin A 4.1 % Vitamin B-12 4.9 % Vitamin B-6 10.1 % Vitamin C 3.8 % Vitamin D 6.1 % Vitamin E 0.9 % Calcium 2.2 % Copper 4.5 % Folate 5.7 % Iron 4.3 % Magnesium 3.3 % Manganese 11.3 % Niacin 1.1 % Pantothenic Acid 0.9 % Phosphorus 7.9 % Riboflavin 8.1 % Selenium 0.7 % Thiamin 1.6 % Zinc 3.7 % *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup almond flour (I used trader joes brand)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter (I didn't have any so I used unsalted natural peanut butter which btw is not paleo)
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Spice (you could also uses cinnamon)
- 1 pinch sea salt
Love my heart tin! Ready to mash it up! I kept the bananas a lil chunky on purpose.
At this point, I had no idea what these would taste like and was just hoping I didn't waste a bunch of ingredients!!! Make sure to spray your tin with some oil so that the lil guys don't stick after you take em out from the oven. I decided to make 2 Blueberry Bliss Muffins, 2 Almond Crunch Muffins, and 2 Cranberry Craze Muffins!
After about 10-15 min at 350F in the oven...this is how they look!
I let them cool for 10 min and then used a spatula to scoop my babies out! Which do you wanna bite right now?
Imagine those juicy berries bursting in your mouth alongside the warmth of the almond bread!
A look inside. Chock-full of goodness!
I had left over batter so I also made pancakes! Didn't alter the recipe at all! And they were yums!
Hope you guys get a chance to make these! I absolutely loved them and I would love to see your almond muffins too! So tag #blogilates on instagram or tweet/facebook me so I can see!
Also! For those of you celebrating Lunar New Year...
CHUC MUNG NAM MOI! (Vietnamese) GUNG HAY FAT CHOY! (Chinese)
image, courtesy of free people blog
It is 2013, the year of the snake! Do you know what your Chinese zodiac sign is? Who's celebrating?
Happy Lunar new year!
Hey guys! There is an amazing new recipe I need you to try! For once, get this.....There are NO bananas!!!! *applause* Here’s the healthy recipe for 12 servings! You need to try! They are so creamy from the avocado and the crunch of the pistachio just finishes the flavor like nothing I've ever had. Instragam me pics when you're done! #blogilates
- 2 cups oat flour (you can put oats in a blender and make yourself)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 orange (peeled)
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 2 large egg whites (or 1 egg)
- 1 avocado (mashed)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shelled and chopped pistachiosDIRECTIONS: Mix everything together except for the pistachios. Top them last. Then set oven to 375F for 15 min and bake. Omg so good like you wouldn’t believe!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup oat flour (take dry oats and blend them up until they become flour)
- 1 egg
- 1 TSP nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 Cup spinach
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup Stevia
- 1 TSP of crushed Pistachios
Mix it all up in a food processor or blender (except for the pistachios), then pour into a muffin tin sprayed lightly with oil. You may add fruit chunks if you'd like. I added whole blueberries. Then top with the nuts. Bake for 10-15 min at 350F. Easy!
Go food processor go!
Right before going into the oven!
While I was waiting for the muffins to bake, I poured the same batter onto my dear waffle maker and this gorgeous beauty came out. It was DELISH!!!
I was soooo excited for the muffins to finish...and when I heard the ding, I couldn't have asked for more! My heart shaped muffin tin made them so cute :)Finally after instagramming...tweeting...and facebooking...I was like OMG please let me eat this. It was so worth the wait. For those of you worried about the spinach, no worries, you can't even taste it. All it does is give you that gorgeous green color and a ton of nutrients (it's an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, magnesium, folate, manganese, iron, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin B2, potassium, and vitamin B6). So...eat up! These muffins are great as a breakfast treat or an hour before working out. Will give you lots of good carb energy to go hard. I hope you give this recipe a try. I'd love to see pics and what other green concoctions you come up with! Please share with me on Instagram #blogilates! Okie dokie. OHH!!!!! I forgot to tell you! Today (Sunday) I am getting my hair did! I am so excited. I am going to go for the whole ombre look as you can see here on Mila Kunis! I will try to keep as much of my length as possible, but I have major split ends so I think at least 2 inches will be chopped off. I was fortunate to read up on some very positive Yelp reviews on hair artist Guy Tang and got in touch with him immediately! We're gonna do a lil makeover video so you can see the transformation. I'm super excited! So watch out for that!! Will be instagramming the 6 hour process. Yes. 6 HOURS!!!! Guy and I will be BFF after this hair appointment I am sure :)
Alrighty guys! Happy St. Paddy's Day! Be safe and eat green!
INGREDIENTS (made about 13 large muffins at 50 cents each!):
2 egg whites
2 medium apple, peeled and well chopped
(Also Vitacost is running a good promo where you can get $10 off your first order of $30 or more. Click HERE to get the dealio.)DIRECTIONS: Bake at 350F for 20 min or until you do the toothpick test and it comes out smooth. For more detailed instructions, click here. NUTRITION INFO: 181 cals per large muffin, 5.1 g fat, 31.6g carbs, 3.7g fiber, 2.6g protein 11% daily value vitamin E 7% daily value iron THE VERDICT? Slightly sweet, chunky, and tastes like a "real" muffin! I think carb and bread lovers won't complain about how this tastes like a fake muffin cuz it aint! It is definitely nutritious, especially because we used whole wheat flour vs. white flour. Per 1/2 cup whole wheat flour has 6.4g of fiber vs the 1.3g in white enriched flour. This will keep you fuller longer. Note that eating whole wheat flour is similar to eating whole grains and beans so it aids digestion and helps to lower blood sugar. BUT! Be careful. Though this treat is made from better-for-you ingredients, if you're trying to lean out, eat it the morning or an hour before a workout so you can use up the energy as it is slightly high in carbs. Do not eat it at night!
- 2 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ ripe banana, smashed
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 packets zero calorie sweetener sweetener
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon crushed walnutsDIRECTIONS 1. Fill a foil muffin cup with the 2 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt and freeze for 2 hours (or overnight) until solid. 2. Spray a large mug with cooking spray. 3. Mix together the oats, banana, Greek yogurt, egg, almond milk, sweetener, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir well. 4. Microwave for 1 minute. 5. Remove and press the frozen yogurt disk in the mug and press down slightly. 6. Return to microwave for another minute or until just set. (If you like your cake under-done, pull it out sooner. If you like it firm and more like a muffin, keep it in longer). Sprinkle with walnuts. The center should ooze out slightly if you don’t over-cook it.
Calories: 293 | Protein: 14 g | Net Carbs: 29 g | Fat: 12 g | Fiber: 4 g
Cost: $0.71Also guys! I am having a POP Pilates Masterclass in San Diego this weekend! It'll be my first time teaching in SD so you MUST come. I would love to work out with you then hang out with you afterwards :) It's at 12 noon on Saturday at the Grand Opening of the La Costa 24 Hour Fitness! You don't need to have a membership and it is free for you guys. Here's the addy:
La Costa 24 Hour Fitness
3409 Via Montebello
Carlsbad, CA 92009
Ooooh and lookie what we have here! It's a new printable!
Add this to your printables collection. This "6 Minutes to a Sexy Booty" workout legit left my butt vibrating for a good 10 minutes after I did it. It was really so crazy. You can do the full length video with me here.
Okie dokies! I hope you have a lovely Thursday. Only 4 more days til the start of the 8 Week Hot Body Challenge! Upload pics when you get your journal or meal plan and use the hashtag #8weekhotbody.
- 2 low carb tortillas
- ½ cup Pepperjack cheese
- 3 tablespoons black beans, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped (optional)
- ½ avocado, sliced or mashed into guacamole (optional)Method:
Yields 2 (serving size: ½ quesadilla)
Net Carbs: 7g
HEALTHY WAFFLE COOKIES
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 egg
- ¾-1 cup oats
- 2 packets stevia (optional)
- 2 tablespoons raisins or chocolate chips (optional)
- pinch cinnamon (optional)Method:
Nutrition Info Per Cookie:
Yields 6 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)
Net Carbs: 9g
HEALTHY WAFFLE HASHBROWNS
- 1 parsnip
- 1 medium red potato, peeled
- 1 tablespoon Ghee, butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid egg white
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large eggMethod:
Spray your pan, crack your eggs into it, put 1 ice cube inside then put a lid on top. The steam from the ice cooks the egg. No need to flip it over. No broken yolks.
Serving Size, yields 1
Net Carbs: 44g
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 slice turkey bacon
- salt & pepper to tasteMethod:
Net Carbs: 1g
CAPRESE WAFFLE PANINI
- 2 slices bread, gluten-free or low-carb, any kind
- 1½ ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced into two rounds
- 3 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 8 fresh basil leavesMethod:
Net Carbs: 33g
Fat: 18gAnd here's a FUN TIP! How to clean your waffle iron easily? Just wet 2 paper towels. Lay them inside an unplugged, still-warm waffle iron, and allow the steam to clean it for you. THAZZZZ IT!! If you make any of these recipes, please post a pic and hashtag it #cheapcleaneats! I know you're gonna have so much fun!
CAULIFLOWER MARGHERITA PIZZA
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 slice
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 minIngredients:
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 2 breadsticks
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 45 minIngredients:
THE BEST BAKED DONUTS RECIPE
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 doughnut
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 9 minIngredients:
Do you ever just wish you could have a little pop of bread-y carbs without all the added junk you get from pastries, muffins and cookies? Sometimes there's nothing better than a lightly sweet muffin that you can throw in your bag for a snack, nibble at with tea, or have for breakfast. These soft and fluffy apple cinnamon muffins have zero flour of any kind! I know, right?! NO flour?? How is that even possible? It must be magic! :P
You'll love how they look, feel and taste just like regular muffins that use flour. You can try using peanut butter or almond butter, but cashew butter really is the best! It's got a mild sweetness to it and a very neutral flavor, which allows the subtle apple notes to come through. You can also try these as a banana version by using mashed banana in place of the applesauce. The level of sweetness is really up to you. If you're using a concentrated sweetener like stevia, you don't need much at all; you don't want to add too much and have them taste bitter. If you use a granulated sweetener, such as monk fruit, you'll need about 2 tablespoons. If you use honey or maple syrup, it's also about 2 tablespoons. Muffins like these allow us to un-process our diets one little recipe at a time! Definitely give these a try so you can make your days just a little easier, brighter and tastier!
GLUTEN-FREE APPLE CINNAMON MUFFINS
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 18 minIngredients:
Comment below if you give these a try, and let me know which kind of muffins I should healthify next!
UGH SO GORG.
LOW CARB CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD
Yield: 9 servings
Serving Size: 1 slice
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 40 minIngredients: