Burpee Kettlebell Pyramid BURNOUT!!! POP HIIT 8

Hey hey POPsters!

Thursday’s workout only consists of 2 moves. THE KETTLEBELL SWING and THE BURPEE. You’ll be doing a pyramid of them starting with 1 KB and 1 BP and then doing 2 KB 2 BP so on and so forth until you get to the top at 15 KB and 15 BP!! THEN!!! You have to come back down…14 KB and 14 BP…13 KB and 13 BP…all the way til you get to 1 KB and 1 BP. This workout is so crazy. I’m serious. I hate this workout. It is the worst. But I’m actually gonna go do it in about an hour. I’m scared because it kicks my butt. I’m serious guys. Bring water. You’ll need it. Take breaks when you need it but try not to exceed 30 sec to 1 min at your highest intensity. The whole thing will take you about 40 min! And no extra cardio for you today. I won’t torture you with that. Just play your fave song and do abs on the ball to the whole thing. To challenge yourself, one leg up like in my video.

My homies – sub the kettlebell swing with walking lunges, hands behind your head (prisoner style). Make sure your knees go all the way down. No ball? Do crunches on your mat! Don’t pull on your neck. Use your abs and lift your chest and shoulders!

GOOD LUCK!!!! Rate this workout 1-10 below.

MUAHAHHAHHAHA is all I can say.

One of you said you burned over 600 calories with this one! I believe it! To see how much you burned, check out WeightTraining.com!

OH! And to win the Nike Frees that I am giving away this week – sign onto Tumblr and REBLOG THIS POST! <– click there. I will announce the winner on Sunday!

✿ OUTFIT ✿

Backless tee by Blogilates
Double Windsor Swimsuit top by Skye & Staghorn
Side tie short by Onzie
Nike free run shoes

Comments

1. It took me 23:40 mins to finish it! Right now im sweating like crazy! :)

2. Possibly the hardest workout ever.

3. NovelistAtNoon says:

I did the Kettleball with 8 lbs. I burned 648 calories for a one hour workout! That’s running for six miles!! Insanity. This is AWESOME and HARD and GREAT and I love Cassy so much….

4. I’m doing this tomorrow!! What weight kettle bell should I use? Like 25?

5. I have a notable synthetic attention intended for details and may foresee issues
    before these people happen.

6. THIS KILLED ME. but I loved every second of it! it took me about 35 minutes.

7. how much weight should I use?

8. You have no idea… this killed me. I have always been a burbee failure but THIS… had to take lots of breaks and then I am splitting it in two.. I much rather do abs than this haha! :D

9. Does R and L walking lunges count as 1, or count 1 with R leg then 2 with L leg? :/

10. I love to share knowledge that I have accumulated with the yr to help improve
    group performance.

11. Nice post. I’d been reviewing continually the following blog page and i’m influenced! Particularly useful facts particularly the remainder of the sections :) My partner and i tackle such information significantly. I used to be in search of the following specific info for your while. Many thanks as well as connected with luck.

12. Stephanie says:

You’re so evil I love you!

13. Yay! I finished! it took me 22 minutes for the burpee and kettlebell pyramid part, then i took a shower and ate lunch, (veggie chili with healthy cornbread, and a plum!) and in about 30 minutes i will go ahead and do the ab part. I didn’t think it was that bad, but then again i was using two 10 pound dumbbells held together at their ends as my kettlebell, and i wasn’t swinging ALL the way up, so i cheated there. whatever, i got my heart racing and sweating!

14. Doing this early so I can have Sunday as my rest day…I’d say that was an 8/10. Thanks for the great workout Cassey! So glad I found your workouts :)

15. Love pyramid workouts. This is one i can do at home or at the cottage too. Thanks!!

16. Owwww! But I did it, now lets see if I can walk tomorrow haha! Great workout! :-)

17. I LOVED this workout!! I love how it felt like total body and my heart was absolutely pounding afterward.. I would say it was about a 8/10.. I really hope to have some more workouts with this same intensity.. I am a personal trainer and its easy to push others but I have a hard time thinking of things to push me sooo I am hoping for more workouts to really push me :) Thanks :)

18. Christina says:

I give this a 50,000+/10. Bahahaha. Thats how hard it was. Seriously. BUT I FINISHED THE ENTIRE THING.
    ALSO! weighttraining.com said I burned 840 calories during this workout. O.o I think thats a little off.

19. oh my goodness gracious. this may be the hardest thing i have done since bikini blaster abs. good thing i love cardio!!! i’d so much rather do this than abs. 29:42 is my time, not counting the abs workout i have to do. my hole body is shaking :) oh and i was listening to iheartradio caffinated country station, and right affter i finished, “done” by the band perry started playing. ismn’t that weird? my fingers are shaking so i am spelling a loto of things wrong. i used 2 ten pound dumbellsss as my kettlebell. k i’m going to go shower. geez that was hard.

20. Martina says:

I would say 8/10. Wow it was a great one, def no the hardest. My big motivation on the way dowm od the pyramid came at 10/9 reps…although it was easier, my thighs were heavy :) x

21. Great one! So sweaty afterwards, but not the hardest by any stretch- went very quickly. 7-8/10 :D Felt a great cardio rush though, and I could do it without much transition, which really flowed the workout along. Awesome over all!!

• Christine says:

Yep same here….I found the other POP HIITS harder, but I was more sweaty at the end of this one. It took me about 30 minutes, now I’m going to do the ab challenge.

22. Fun workout! But it does annoy me when the workout says to do burpees. The move in the video is not a burpee, unless you go chest to floor. Real burpees are the best.

• There are plenty of variations of burpees :)

• Disneygirl07 says:

Ooooooook so I realized the reason I didn’t get through this is probably because I was going down into a push up after every one. HOLY MOLY whyyyyy did I not watch that she was just jumping out?! I like tripled the intensity of this thing. And I feel like I’m going to pass out. I feel a little less defeated now that I couldn’t make it all the way through it though!

23. Riccelen says:

What do I do if I don’t have a kettlebell? I think I’m gonna do squat jumps or something like that. Cassey, please don’t make this routines with gym instruments because there are people who can’t afford those. Thank you very much for designing it anyway, it looks killing. Love you<3

• it says what to do if you don’t have a kettlebell. She almost always includes variations, one time she even included an option for people who couldn’t run outside, which i’m going to do from now on if i do the hiit too late. im glad you thought of what to do yourself, but it says that you can do the prisoner position squat

• Chimsom says:

In the post above, she says to do walking lunges with hands behind your head (prisoner style).

• I’m at home and I used a six liter water bottle filled instead of a kettleball! I think that’s about 7.5 pounds of weight… It worked okay for me!

24. 11! I am at my heaviest weight ever right now, and burpees are killing me. I could only make it to 10 before I had to go back down. But I did work my absolute hardest. I had to take a break between almost every single set because my head was throbbing and I felt like passing out. But I didn’t give up!

25. Mie Maxwell-Smith says:

8/10 burpees aren’t too bad but i hate kettle bell swings plus i did the pop hiit 7 the day before and my arms wanted to fall off. took me about 40 minutes with ab challenge and then i did 10 minutes of warm up on the bike too. did not want to go into those swings and burpees cold.

26. OMG 10/10!! Ok, no, maybe 9/10 but this was tough! I’m so sweating but I’m so pumped right now! This was AWESOME Cassey, love you! <3

27. Kaitlyn says:

this was tough, but not the toughest! i’d say it’s probably an 8/10. thanks for the pop hiits cassey! i love them.. i hope you continue to make them even after july is over! i’ll definitely be reusing the old pop hiits in my future workouts :)

28. This one was at least a 10/10 for me!!! I was sooo sweaty!! I really like how these POP HIITS leave me feeling accomplished and energized the rest of the day! I’m definitely going to save all of these printables for future workouts. Thank you Cassey!! :)

29. Tru4Cheer says:

This was definitely a 10/10. I loathe burpees so I knew this was going to be a killer before I even started. I had to take 30 second breaks between each burpee & kettleball combo. Then a serious break once I got to 15. I’m drenched in sweat right now.

30. This was definitely tough, but not the toughest POP HIIT. I think the ones with a lot of pushups or jumping squats and the like are tougher…I really don’t hate burpees like you do! I’ll give it an 8.

Also, I’m super frustrated. I’ve been going really hard for about 4 weeks now, and there’s been no change, on the scale or in the mirror. It’s really hard to stay motivated when all my hard work gets me nowhere :/. Help?

• Tru4Cheer says:

Have you been measuring your arms, waist, thighs, etc.? Sometimes you might not see the change in the mirror or on the scale because the change is so small. That’s why you should take your measurements weekly/monthly.

• Or you may have gained muscle and lost fat, so measurements may not have changed but you are probalbly healthier and fitter!!!

• And I find that a lot of the time for me, there’s no change in any discernible way. UNTIL I do something that I always found difficult (climbing a certain hill, doing a certain number of pushups, etc). And, it takes a while to show a difference. A lot of websites and books all say that it takes eight weeks until you notice a difference, twelve until your family notices, and eighteen until your friends notice. So stick it out! Good luck!

31. OMG this was the hardest POP HIIT ever! I nearly threw in the towel but now that I finished the whole way through, I feel super empowered!! Thank you Cassey!

32. Oh my goodness this one was KILLER!!!!!!!! It gets 10000000000/10. I am drenched in sweat and still shaking after the workout….ohmygosh. You are sooooo evil but I love you at the same time ;)

33. Made a mistake to not any take any rest up till 15. Had to take a 1 min break after that and continue going till 1 with 3 5 30sec in between from 15 till 1. I give this a 10/10. The toughest pop hiit to date! You are adorable and bubbly yet evil and torturous at the same time ;)

34. Amber Reynolds says:

Definitely a toughie! I’d give it an 8. I actually don’t hate burpees all the much. It’s the split jumps and surfer turn type things I hate >_< This was fun, thanks!! xoxo

35. Sarah Potgieter says:

I did this today 26/07/12, and I have definitely mastered the 100 burpee burnout and can do that without really getting up a sweat now, but oh my goodness…..this was easy until 8, and then I started getting tired (may have something to do with having a vomiting illness earlier in the week). After 15 I had to stop and have a proper 10 minute break as I was endanger of falling on my face while doing the burpees hahaha. In the end, I did finish, and counting down was much more fun

36. O M G !!!!
    it took me half an hour and omg I’m on fire, like everywhere omg, I dod the abs all night challenge for the last part and it was hard
    but it was amazing thank you so much

37. I’m still not sure whether i should be really pissed or proud of myself. I finished in an hour and was disappointed… until i looked at the video again and realized THAT I HAD DONE CROSSFIT BURPEES!!!!!! THE. WHOLE. ENTIRE. TIME!!!!!!! I DIDNT REALIZE THAT WE DIDNT HAVE TO GO ALL THE WAY DOWN ON THE GROUND AND THEN PUSH OURSELVES BACK UP INTO THE SQUAT JUMP! hahaha im afraid for how i’ll feel when i get up tomorrow. Don’t worry Cassey, next time i’ll see exactly what u want me to do beforehand :)

38. I honestly didn’t think this was that bad. It may be because I’m used to a decent amount of cardio (running 3-5 miles multiple times per week) but I’ve found the other pop HIITs, especially the ones involving a lot of push-ups, way more challenging! I give it a 7

39. Definitely a 10/10! I did not do the whole thing. My mom called so I stopped at 12 on the way up. I will try this again though! I love the ones you do that make us sweat. That’s when I feel like it’s really working and sweating makes me feel accomplished. I feel like I let you down though, Cassey. I haven’t done a full month since May (but somehow still lost weight). I can’t do it 6 times a week. It drains me and my workouts are not effective. Keep doing these crazy sweaty workouts, Cassey! They are my favorite. You’re awesome!

• hey megan, it’s okay if you don’t do the whole month, just keep exercising at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes, 1 hour is perfect. of course you weight is going to go down ;)

40. This is one of the hardest workout ever! 100000/10! I was screaming by the time i got to 12-3…however, counting down was an amazing feeling! Loved every second of it, even I almost puked at some point! But I did it in 45mins with a 13lbs weights. It was so challenging! Thank you so much Cassey for everything!

41. justworkout says:

Wow…this was super hard. I did it this morning and seriously I was shaking after. I felt great and happy after a shower though! I would recommend stretching before and after thoroughly because I am feeling sore already! Good luck! (:

42. As a relative newbie I only have a pyramid of ten in me. This left me gasping for breath and downing almost an entire liter of water immediately. Pretty much fantastic, even if I’m not sure walking will be a thing tomorrow. Finished in 40 minutes, including the ab work. Thank you for a workout that shows just how far I still have to go!

43. Kaitlyn says:

Finished the KB and BP section in 32:50! I am so sweaty and tired and PROUD of myself for beating the 40 minute mark. :D

• Kaitlyn says:

okay.. this is weird.. but (a) we have the same name and (b) i finished the pyramid at around 33 minutes, too!

44. Vanessa says:

I loved this Pop Hiit! But it was really hard and I am really glad that I did it, because after that hard workout I felt surprisingly very good and fit.

45. Cassey you’re probably gonna hate me for saying this, but I LOVE this workout haha ;)

1 – 5 was easy, after 10 I was like OMG. 13 the devil tempted me to give up and go eat my breakfast, 15 was like owyeahhh I did it!! Arghh no wayy this is a pyramid set!
    But seriously the countdown to 1 really motivated me. If I can do 15, I can do less than 15 for sure. Below 5 I was really speeding up the whole thing XD

I started at 4.30 AM and it took me 28 minutes, I need to finish ASAP because I must go out at 6 AM. Boy I was such a fool to speed this one up lol! I’m still dying right now.
    But that feeling like I have conquered Mount Everest while doing ab crunches (with my favorite exercise ball and fave song) was such a bliss.

I feel so energetic now, thank you so much for brighten up my day so early in the morning! :D

46. O…M…G. I don’t even know what to say…I did this alone in the studio at my gym and screamed after almost every set…I didn’t see the camera until I was leaving :O haha thanks Cassey for killing me today! 10 definitely!

47. With a 33 degree humidity in NL today, and no air conditioning, I only had a pyramid of ten in me, but I’m still happy with that! Thank you so much for all the inspiration Cassey :)

48. Just finished….WOW! Definitely hard! But once I get into it, I got pumped! Counting backwards was getting motivation! I’ve got blisters on my knuckles that I will wear proudly for days :) it took me about 44mins with the ab challenge! Also I used 10lb dumbbell at the gym because there were no kettle balls :( great one Cassey!

1. […] thugs couldn’t come into town, the workout bud and i did a burpee + kettlebell workout from blogilates, followed wby some pull-ups, push-ups and i did some of the moves i missed from the […]

2. […] Burpee Kettlebell Pyramid Burnout from Blogilates […]

3. […] first came across this workout back in June 2013, as that’s when Cassey from Blogilates first posted it on her […]

4. […] to conquer the HARDEST POP HIIT AND CRAZIEST MOST DIFFICULT WORKOUT OF YOUR LIFE! The reviews for I Knew You Were Trouble POP HIIT 8 are insane. Those who finished nearly died. Including me. Read the comments […]

5. [...] Burpee Kettlebell Workout (Blogilates) – Anything with burpees will be a good workout [...]